Babies and Gold ~ Pete Dunne

I ran my hand over the bump, smiling to myself as I prepared for the evening ahead. Tonight was the event of the London Takeover for NXT, and most importantly of all, Pete was performing.

The best thing about it? He had no idea. No clue his six months pregnant wife was going to be there to support him. He always wanted to seem strong and independent, but he relied on me deep down.

The company had been insanely helpful, setting me up with lifts and access with the huge bump that I was carrying. He knew, of course he did, but he'd last seen me when I was a mere four months, I'd grown considerably since he last saw me.

Video calls were never the same, the distinct lack of physical contact was enough to make the heartache, so as I walked down the corridor of the arena, I knew it was going to be a tough battle to stop myself running down to the ring there and then.

Just being absorbed in the excitement of the fans was enough to make my night, I included. Wrestling was a part of our lives since I can remember, since day one the two of us shared a mutual love of the sport.

A few matches passed, a few of the guys I'd met a couple of times, but most of them were strangers to me. I cheered them on all the same, knowing the hard work they put into their craft.

He was involved in a title match tonight, taking Tyler on for his belt, a good friend of the both of ours. I'd lost count of the number of matches I'd witnessed between the two of them, whether it be thousands of people, or tens of people. It was all the same to me. I was still beaming with pride, all day.

The lights went down, and Pete's theme tune came on. My typical self would have leaped out of my seat, but I had a second one to think of now.

The British fans went crazy, providing him with the reception he deserved, as well as Tyler as he came out to the ring.

He looked around at the fans, unaware that I was staring right back at him. The two squared off, holding down their stare. The referee raised the belt in the air, as they both looked on proudly.

"Come on Pete," I whispered, slowly moving my hands to cover my eyes, knowing what was to come.

I'd watched him a thousand times, but nonetheless I still worried whenever I saw him in the ring.

The match began and the two steadily locked up like they always did, they had such knowledge of what the other did they made their jobs look effortless to everyone.

It was never a surprise when the WWE came knocking, they deserved it more than anyone else.

Like every fan in the room I was slowly becoming more intrigued by what was going to happen, edging ever so slightly more forwards in my seat whenever one of them collided with the mat.

I looked at the empty seat behind me, knowing how soon it would be filled. How much that little bundle of joy would enjoy watching their daddy perform. How much our pride and joy would give his daddy the extra boost to reach that little bit further in his career.

As the match went on for a further fifteen minutes, and I watched on through the gaps in my fingers I could tell the end was near. After multiple near climaxes between the two, as I watched Tyler get up incredibly slowly, I knew what was coming.

Pete brushed his fist along the side of his mouth, running his hand through his damp hair, hitting Tyler with his Tiger Suplex, reaching for the pin.

"One, two, three," I whispered, nodding along with the ref's strikes on the mat. I carefully jumped up, blocking all the stares out, just enjoying Pete's happy face. He took the belt, pushing the ref aside, standing in the ring by himself.

Obviously he was staying in his heel character, but looking in his eyes I could see the incredible pride he was feeling at carrying the belt himself.

I sat and watched for a little while longer, feeling a tap on my shoulder. "Morgan, lets go." I followed behind a member of the crew up the stair case and around a few corridors at the back.

I was shown a little monitor on the side so I could carry on watching him show off to the fans, and then walk up the ramp.

Tyler slid behind the curtain first, flashing me a huge smile when he saw me. "Morgan! What are you doing here?" He ran over and hugged me, then placed his hand on my bump. "You're looking so well."

"Thanks Ty," I beamed, watching the fabric part again. I brushed Tyler aside watching closely as Pete absentmindedly walked through.

He shook a few people's hands, with an overwhelmed smile, weaving back and forth until his eyes finally landed on me. "What the hell!" He screamed, running over and picking me up, leaving his belt to hit me in the back. "What are you doing here babe?"

"Surprise," I whispered into his ear, feeling him lower time to the ground. I cupped his cheeks, planting a singular soft kiss on his lips. "Well, congratulations."

"Thank you baby." I brushed his hair out of his face moving it back so it tickled the back of his neck. "Were you out there?"

"The whole time." His face lit up once again, as his hands finally landed on my bump, our bump. "You were safe though yeah? And well looked after." I nodded, appreciating his concern. "You look so big now, the little one really is blossoming."

"There is only three months to go now." No matter how many times I repeated it, still didn't seem real.

"It still freaks me out you know," I giggled, feeling the exact same way. "The two of us, parents, who would have thought it."

"No one, and that's what makes it all the more special." He kisses my cheek once again, lacing his hand in mine. "So, champ, where do you wanna go first?"

"I fancy nothing more than a nice cuddle with the two of you, a hot bath, and a nice photo shoot with the brand new metal in our house."

"Sounds perfect." He nodded, walking me out of the holding room back to his locker where the rest of the British acts were. "I'm so glad I got to watch you tonight," I whispered, falling a couple of paces behind him, carrying the little extra weight.

"I couldn't be more ecstatic that you were there either," he whispered, stopping and wrapping his arm carefully around my lower back, swiftly picking me up with a smile, carrying me along the rest of the way.

For MorganBalor