Tye Dillinger for iLikeTJP

It was the last place I wanted to be to be honest, the flashing lights already ignited the pounding in my head, and the loud music was driving me up the wall. "I'll get the drinks in," Tye smiled, leaning across and kissing my cheek. I faked a smile watching him slide out of the booth, shuffling in between the dancing bodies to get to the bar.

"Hey gorgeous." I looked up and saw a tall man walk over to me, sitting by my side. I slid across a little, moving out of his way a little. "What are you doing sat here by yourself?" I honestly felt like I was trapped in some kind of movie, this was exactly how  I typically thought being at a bar would be like.

"Oh no, my boyfriend is just at the bar." I looked up for his figure, only to notice a leggy blonde standing right by his side, leaning in and whispering into his ear. I couldn't tell what his expression was like, but by the fact he couldn't stand still, I knew he was enjoying it.

"He's not here is he? So why don't you come with me and we'll have a bit of a boogie." He stood up, offering me his hand to take. I glanced back over at Tye, his fidget still occurring.

"Yeah, you know what, lets." I took his hand, standing up, quickly pulling the hem of my red dress down. The dancefloor was full of people, sweaty bodies, performing all sorts of drunk antics.

"Plus, you're boyfriend doesn't have anything to worry about, I bat for the other team." I didn't feel the slightest bit guilty if I'm honest, and his small confession only made me feel happier allowing myself to have such fun. "I'm Josh by the way."

"Ava," I grinned, feeling him move me so I was stood in front of him. My hips slowly swayed to the beat of the music, copying Josh. I could hear him giggling, gripping my hips to keep us together.

Miraculously my headache disappeared, and I was overcome by the adrenaline of the tightly packed area, and the free movement I had of my body. I'd forgotten Tye was even around, having much more of a laugh with Josh than he was having with that other girl.

The tunes flowed, and a couple of drinks later Josh and I were unstoppable. If all the other people around us weren't intoxicated they'd probably have thought we were crazy, but who cared?

"Ava!" I had no clue how long I'd been dancing, but when a hand gripped tightly onto my wrist, pulling me through the crowds of people, and separating me from Josh, I knew there was only one man calling my name. I stared at the back of Tye's head in humiliation as he dragged me right out of the club, letting go of me once we were outside in the cold winter air.

"What is your problem?" I whispered, sitting on the end of the curb. Tye stood beside me, folding his arms with a scolded expression.

"My problem? Ava if only you could have seen yourself dancing with that guy. You were the one who didn't want to be here tonight, and now you're a completely different person. I had to stand there and watch you dance all over that other guy." I shook my head, laughing at his obliviousness. "I'm glad you find this so funny."

"Lets get one thing straight," I told him, the volume of my voice only getting louder. I got up, standing right in his face, inhaling the strong vodka on his breath. "You were the one laughing and joking with that girl at the bar, but I'm the one in the wrong? I wasn't going to sit there and watch you enjoy yourself whilst I waited."

"I was making friends Ava, I wasn't throwing myself all over this girl, because I have respect for you, for our relationship." I shook my head, tightening up my ponytail. "You really have let yourself down tonight Ava, I thought you were a classy girl, six months in I thought I knew you, but quite clearly I don't."

"I could say the same to you Tye, don't act all innocent. You're acting like my parent rather than my boyfriend, you don't want to hear the reason why I was dancing with Josh at all." He tutted, rolling his eyes back in disbelief.

"So you even got his name? You sure move fast don't you. I just don't get it, what went through your mind Ava, I thought we had something special, but clearly Josh means a lot more to you than I do. I don't want to hear your pathetic excuses, they're pointless and-"

"-he was gay," I quickly interrupted him, not wanting to listen to his groans any longer. He froze, his jaw hitting the ground, as I noticed his gulp run down his neck. "Happy now?"

"Ava, I'm really sorry, I had no idea." I couldn't help but chuckle at how quickly his personality switched, he changed in a matter of seconds.

"How can you say that? Of course you had no idea, you didn't want to give me the time of day. You just wanted to shout in my face, and belittle me." He tried to reach forward and hug me, but I swatted his hands quickly away. "You think a quick apology is going to make everything better?"

"I was hoping we could just head back inside and sort things out." I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing, it was as if nothing had even happened.

"You know what Tye, you go back inside, because I'm not bothered anymore, Josh gave me the best time in that club tonight, you should probably go inside and thank him to be honest. You go back in and enjoy yourself, but I'm going to go home, I can't deal with you, or this any longer." I reached down unstrapping my heels, carrying them in my hand instead.

"Ava you don't need to do this," he whispered, grabbing onto my other hand, which I quickly yanked away from him.

"You need to think about how you treat me, now go inside, get drunk and be merry, I need some space away from you for now, re-evaluate what is actually happening here." He stood still, watching me walk the whole way down the corridor in the hope I'd turn around, but I didn't want to know, I was done with Tye for now.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted one last time as I turned around the corner, moving out of his view. I shook my head, sick and tired of hearing him apologise, wondering if maybe what I was doing was for the best for us both.