Alternating Personnas ~ Shinsuke Nakamura

I watched him walk through the door, sinking down in my seat, watching his every move.

His hair was a little damp, falling down his back, his smile was still wide, always.

I was sick and tired of hiding away from him, unable to find the courage to just go up and say hello. He had the friendliest face of us all, but somehow for me, there was nothing more frightening.

Every wrestler carried with them two sides, an extended, more desired version of oneself.

Me? Axelle Kenway.

A confident and charming woman, a strong head and body, an undeniable aura of self belief.

Looking back on myself, Axelle was everything I wanted to be and more. The woman six year old Elise wished to be.

Shinsuke grabbed his drink quickly, walking over to one of the chairs and pulling it out.

In my head I imagined myself walking over, sitting opposite and catching his attention straight away, but in reality, I was just stuck in a deep hole of self pity.

Elise was never going to pluck up the courage to speak to Shinsuke, she'd never find it in herself to go within ten metres of the guy.

But Axelle on the other hand would have been more than satisfied to speak to Shinsuke, ask him out, flirt, practically take off his pants.

The room was pretty packed, but he had some sort of power that always drew me in. I stared over at him, watching his every move. The way his hand span the lid of his bottle, how he slowly raised it to his mouth, or tilted his head back when he took a sip.

I'd left myself no alternative but to turn to Axelle, she'd direct me perfectly, guiding me to where I needed to be.

I watched Shinsuke a little longer, my heart falling further for the charmed man across the room.

Once I'd triple checked every last drop of my drink was drunk, I rose to my feet, picking my phone up and sliding it into my back pocket.

The exit was right behind him, calling me over to walk past him.

I pushed my thick framed glasses further up my nose, bringing my brown hair forwards so it disguised my ears. I took one deep breath and walked over, stopping at his table.

"Shinsuke," I began making him look up at me. His brows furrowed, confused and unsure as to why I was stood over him. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." He pointed to the chair opposite him, beckoning for me to sit down opposite him. "What's up?" Everything about him was so cool, he had such a relaxing aura about him, like a surfer fresh from the water. 

"I was wondering if you would like to take me out on a date sometime." He froze, dropping the bottle out of his hand, the plastic hitting the table.

"If I'd like to take you on a date?" I nodded, keeping my head held high, using my bright blue orbs to convince him that saying yes was the right thing to do.

"Yes," I said, breaking the silence that was waiting for him to respond.

"Maybe, I'll just get back to you." I rolled my eyes, hating his avoidance of the word "no."

"Don't bother, you're not worth it." I pushed the chair away from the table, walking out of the room with my head still high, shoulders broad, filled with confidence.

However as soon as I was out to the corridor, Axelle fell away into a thousand shattered pieces.

I headed back to my dressing room in complete humiliation, wishing more than anything that I could destroy Axelle just like how she'd destroyed Shinsuke and I.

The rest of the afternoon fell lonely and sad, nothing but rejection was felt, hearing his voice over and over again. "I'll just get back to you," he said, too kind to let me down harshly, trying to soften the blow as best he could.

I was disturbed by a hollow knock at the door, getting up from my chair and walking to the door, grabbing the door handle and opening it up.

"Shinsuke," I whispered, falling back into my shell. "Hi."

"Hello." He placed his hand on the door frame, leaning ever so slightly on it so a few strands of hair fell across his face.

"What can I do for you?" I asked, startled to see his presence near me so soon.

"I was wondering if that date was still on the cards?" My eyes widened in sheer delight, staring at the grinning man.

"Of course it is, absolutely." I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, shocked that his decision had reverted. "What made you change your mind?"

"There's a confidence about you which I love Elise, it's so powerful and endearing." I tried desperately to stop the blush appearing on my cheeks.

"Thanks." He pushed himself so he was back up upright.

"I'll get somewhere booked and let you know the details later on." He stepped forwards and placed a soft, slightly chapped, kiss to my cheek, proceeding to head down the corridor.

"Okay," I whispered, slowly shutting the door behind me, sinking down with my back pressed against the wood.

Once I felt he was far enough away I let out a little shriek, stamping my feet on the ground in excitement.

All I had to do now was open back up and let Axelle back in, after all, I had an endearing confidence that I had to fulfil and showcase.

I slowly rose back up to my feet, checking my appearance in the mirror. I stood tall, bringing my shoulders back slightly, bringing my hair so it fell perfectly, shaping my jawline. "Perfect," I muttered, smiling to myself, looking into my own blue eyes seeing Axelle smiling back at me.

With Axelle in me I could do no wrong, she was the ultimate embodiment of the character I longed for, confidence.