Behind Closed Doors ~ Jey Uso

I looked at Alexa one last time, running up to her and jumped down onto her into the Frog Splash. I covered her, shutting out all sounds, the sound of the ref hitting the mat the only exception. I tightly grabbed onto her leg as he hit the mat once, twice, three times. My jaw hit the ground as I rolled off of her. I looked up as I stood up, as the referee walked over to me, handing me the blue belt, raising my hand. "Here is your winner, and new Smackdown Women's Champion, Gabrielle!" I listened to Greg announce my win, confirming to me that this wasn't a dream. I slid out of the ring, walking back up the ramp. I had done it.

As soon as I was out of shot from the live broadcasts I knew there was only one person I wanted to see. I completed all my media jobs, met quickly with Triple H and then went in search of my best friend. I walked practically all over the arena until I finally heard the sound of her voice. She was speaking quietly, something that was rare for Naomi. "Dude she really likes you," I heard her say, wondering who she was talking to.

"Yeah bro, she's always talking about how hot you are." I could hear Jimmy's voice too, now I just had to decipher who they were talking to.

"Whenever you're on screen she's practically swooning and falling head over heels." On screen? So it was one of the guys here at work.

"I think you're just making it up to make me feel better. Just because you two are married doesn't make me lonely." The voice sounded very much like Jimmy's, as I slowly started to piece the pieces together, completing the puzzle. Jey. Despite my pleas to keep quiet they were talking to Jey.

"Jey, honestly, Gabrielle really likes you, I'd go as far to say as love you." My heart broke in betrayal, but I knew I had to be strong. I had two options, walk away and pretend I know nothing, or confront the two of them. I chose the latter, walking around from behind the wall straight into their conversation.

"Gabrielle!" Jimmy said in shock. I stared between him and Jimmy, praying that somehow it wouldn't be Jey to my left. The two of them gulped knowing full well I had heard everything, their guilty expressions making it quite clear that they were in fact talking about me.

"Gabrielle?" I heard my name again, only this time knowing exactly who it was. I slowly turned my head looking up and into Jey's eyes. My confidence disintegrated into a complete mess. "Is it true?" A huge part of me was screaming to lie, but I knew that Jey trusted his brother with everything so it wouldn't get me very far.

"Yeah," I whispered just loud enough so he could hear. I ran a hand through my long hair, trying to find some sort of distraction.

"Really?" He asked as if I was somehow lying about feelings, the strongest emotion of them all.

"Way to make me feel worse," I replied sarcastically. I tried so hard to get rid of the red glow appearing on my cheeks. I looked up at him through nearly closed eyes, squinting so I could still see.

"Guys could you maybe give us a minute." I turned around and looked at Jimmy and Naomi as they slowly backed out of the room. Naomi smiled at me, mouthing a quick congratulations to me, my ideas of a celebration ruined. "So you like me?"

"Do we really have to go back through this again Jey, I've said it once, and I really don't want to have to say it again." I repositioned my belt on my waist, another little distraction I had.

"Why don't you want to?" I shook my head in disbelief, furrowing my eyebrows. "Okay, so what about if I told you that I liked you too, champ." I shook my head, not willing to believe that what he said was true.

"I'd tell you that you were lying." I felt his finger under my chin, raising my face up so my gaze was aimed at him.

"In that case, get those thoughts out of your mind because they are completely true. You have no idea how happy I am to hear those three words escape your lips." I slowly began to smile, settling in with him more.

"I can't believe this is happening," I whispered, quietly to myself.

"Me too." I looked up laughing to myself realising my idea of to myself was a little different to reality. He laughed too noticing he wasn't meant to hear that. "Let's finish your successful day off like you deserve." I looked up at him waiting to see what he had in mind. "How about a nice restaurant date, just us two, no Jimmy or Naomi, although this is all down to them."

"I like the sound of that." Deep down I knew really I had to be thankful to Naomi, she was my best friend and now she had completed my day, finally being able to set me up with Jey, noting to thank her later.

"Awesome, so let's see." He paused, looking up at the ceiling. "Alright, so there is a really nice restaurant in the town, nothing posh, just good hearty food."

"I honestly don't care where we go." I admitted, opening he choice up to him.

"How about the restaurant then, I've always wanted to take a girl there." I blushed, feeling honoured that I would be his first, and hopefully only, date there. "Plus, I'd quite like to show the champion off to everyone this evening." I looked down at the belt again, a constant reminder of all my graft over the last few years.

"The restaurant sounds great." He smiled, leaning down and pecking my cheek.

"We'll save the real thing for later on tonight." He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine. I nodded as his arms slowly wrapped around mine, the belt restricting the closeness of our bodies. We stayed in our hug for a few moments before pulling away. "You should go get changed, and then we can head out." I nodded, as I picked up my phone from the table besides me, straightening me belt.

"I'll come find you when I'm done, okay?" I looked up at Jey who looked down at me nodding.

"Okay." I walked back from around the door, out into the corridor and to the locker room, not being able to wipe the smile off of my face, knowing that after a lot of patience I was finally getting the chance to make a go of things with Jey, something I had wanted for so long, and now I was finally getting to.

For NesiaAmore