Behind The Barrier ~ Jordan Devlin

"Are you excited for tonight?" I span around, feeling smallish figure come up beside me, the familiar smile greeting me, "how are you doing sweetie?"

"Finn! It is so good to see you." We both stepped forwards at the same time, hugging briefly amongst the rowdy crowds that joined us behind the barricade. 

"It's lovely to see you too, you're looking well." I chuckled, feeling the flashing lights of the arena cover my body. 

"I guess you could say I'm working a little bit harder – I got called up last week!" His eyes lit up, his mouth open in happiness, or surprise, I could never quite tell. 

"Really?" His hand landed on my bicep, squeezing it softly. "I can't say I'm surprised though. I always knew you and Jordan would make it."

"Well, we did have the best mentor to look up to." A little coy grin appeared on his face, disguising the humble blush that also grew. 

"You're too kind." The two of us both turned away from each other in the very same moment, looking out at the ring that belonged to the members of the United Kingdom Tournament. 

Growing up Ireland, we were always the golden trio, Finn, Jordan, and I did everything together, it was always the way. Despite being a few years older, Finn was like a brother to us, and primarily, he was the greatest mentor either of us could have asked for. 

"Have you ever heard of this Danny guy before?" Finn asked, just as the lights of the arena dropped to start the filming. "Usually I've heard of them but this guy I haven't got a clue about."

"I've seen him around, but aside from that, I've not got a clue." In the corner of my eyes I could see Finn nodding, fixating his eyes on the man that slowly walked down the ramp after being introduced by Mike. 

The whole match was enticing and nerve wracking as I expected watching Jordan in the ring. Since moving away, I hadn't really spent the time following his career, however it was still always one of the most terrifying times of my life. 

Once Jordan had picked up the win, the atmosphere picked up in the hall. It wasn't the biggest of places to wrestle, but events like this in Blackpool were where my career began. 

"Do you want to head backstage? Maybe we might see Jordan." I looked over at Finn with a massive smile, nodding my head eagerly. "I thought you might say that."

"I've not seen him in months, I want to congratulate him on even getting to the tournament." I had no clue where I was going to head backstage, usually I just walked back up the ramp, but Finn seemed pretty sure he knew the way. 

"If we don't see him, I don't want you getting upset." I sighed, letting out an exhalation of deep breath. Up until about thirty seconds ago the thought of reuniting with such a good friend in Jordan hadn't even crossed my mind, but now I just couldn't wait. 

"I'm sure I'll be seeing him soon anyway, with a match like he just had, he's got big things coming his way, all thanks to you no doubt." Once again, the little smug grin grew on Finn's face, hiding away and looking forwards whilst guiding me down the corridors. 

"You both deserve the world, with me or without me." I hummed in response as he played down his role in our careers. "I'm proud of you both."

"Sure thing." I had no clue where we were going, winding around all the busy people skipping around carrying all sorts of equipment pieces. 

"Finn!" Looking ahead a tall man dressed in a grey suit walked towards us, making us both halt in our tracks. "I don't suppose you'd be able to come out to the ring, say a few words?" 

"Yeah." Without even processing what was being said he responded, looking between me and the guy. "Yeah."

"Finn," I whispered, folding ever so slightly back into my shell.

"Stay here," he told me, reassuringly kissing the top of my head before running off, leaving me stranded.

I should have known where I was going, but somehow it all seemed like foreign land after spending so much time away. To say I was lost was an understatement, there seemed to be doors all around me leading to different directions. 

"Excuse me." I looked up from my phone hearing an Irish voice come up beside me whilst I waited. "I don't suppose you could help me, I'm looking for my friend."

"Jordan!" After I'd looked for a few seconds my mind finally pieced together all the different features. "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to see you."

"I'm so excited to see you too, I saw you when I was in the ring you know." I quickly hugged him, pulling away with a massive smile on my face. "I'm honestly so excited to have you here, we've got so much to catch up on. How long are you here for?"

"A couple of days, the company flew me over." He nodded, taking my hand in his, beginning to walk me down the corridor. "Oh no, Jordan, I need to stay here and wait for Finn."

"Don't worry, this won't take long." The way he looked back at me told me everything was going to be all right as I followed behind him in tow. 

"What do you want me for?" I asked, feeling him squeeze my hand in response. I took the hint to stay quiet, following in anticipation until we reached his dressing room somewhere backstage. 

"Can you tell me now?" I asked as we both walked through the door.

"I see you've still not got any patience." I chuckled, nodding my head. "Well you'll be glad to hear that you don't have to wait anymore."

"Great, now what can I do for- "

"-this." I felt a pair of cold hands cup both my cheeks, bringing me forwards before I even had time to process what was happening, planting my lips onto Jordan's slightly chapped ones. 

The whole moment felt like a bit of a blur, but my body sure knew what it was doing until his frame moved away. "That wasn't what I expected," I giggled, wiping the corners of my mouth. 

"I've wanted to tell you that for so long, I've regretted not telling you before you went away for what has seemed like forever." I giggled, my eyes landing on the blush on his cheeks. 

"You didn't even say anything," I teased watching his eyes brighten further. 

"Actions speak louder than words doll," he said, in the softly spoken Irish accent I'd adored over the years.