Chapter 30 Part 3

I woke up and he was holding me tightly. He was awake and said to me, "Baby, I love you so much. I know you are not feeling well. Thanks for doing that for me. You are amazing. You are my everything." I said, "Sweetheart, I love you and I love you more and more each day. You are my heart and soul."I just could feel his love when we are this close. No words need to be spoken. He holds me kissing my face and stroking my hair. Thank-you God for this journey. I don't want it to never end. He whispers in my ear, "Baby, are you hungry?" I nod my head yes. He says,"Dinner is waiting for us on the veranda. Do you want to go?" He helps me up and we walk up there. I feel really good. No pain, that's good. Ah, this belly band is a miracle worker. We get to the veranda and a candlelit dinner awaits us. It dawns on me that this is not just dinner, this is something special. I get seated and the cover is removed and there are lobster tails. Oh my, my, my! Other than shrimp, this one is on the TOP of the list. He is smiling ear to ear and I know something is up. It does run in my mind, is this a thank-you dinner or another type of dinner? You know what I mean. I was elated about it and I just gushed. He knows my likes and dislikes so he knows what he is doing on this one. This was not random. I said,"Sweetheart, why such a special dinner tonite?" He comes over and kneels and takes my hands in his. I'm looking all over for a box or something he's going to pull a ring out of and nada. He has no pockets but we know he can pull a c-note out of nowhere so I'm having those funny feelings rage thru me. I'm thinking, oh, no, no, no. I can't be doing this now. We can't even have amazing sex afterwards if I did say yes. That's no way to do this.  He says, "Baby, I've been thinking. I need to make something clear. When I asked you to take my heart, I forgot to tell you, I want you to be my wife for life. You do not have to answer me now. I am still patiently waiting for your answer." Tears are streaming down my face and the words 'Leap of Faith' keeping running thru my head, and words I could not control or stop it, 'Yes, I will be your wife.' I think that is what I was waiting to hear all along and when I finally heard them words, nothing was going to stop me from saying, Yes. He came crashing into me so fast,I thought he was going to knock the chair over backwards. He grabbed me, kissing me and said, "I've been waiting to hear that. I'm so happy. I love you, love you, love you. You make my life complete. He takes my face and kisses me ever so passionately. I catch my breath and a calm came over me. I was at peace. I said to him, "That is what has been missing, Yes, I want to be your wife, Prince Rogers Nelson. You have all of me and I have all of you. We complete each other." I stood up and he embraced me and we kissed it seemed like forever. It was surreal. I finally came back to reality being held by my lover, my confidant, my heart, my soul and my best friend. I never imagined I would ever be loved like this. How could I not say yes?  He says to me, "Baby, You have made me happy. I am happy, truly happy. I love you and I want for nothing now. God sent you to me, and I am forever grateful." I start to cry again. He says, "Baby what's wrong?" I said, "  I have just accepted the offer of my lifetime and I can't have amazing sex to celebrate." He grabs me and is just laughing hysterically, and says, "Baby, you are so funny. Your sense of humor is intoxicating. This is one of the reasons I love you so much. You have always lifted me when I was down and that is what will sustain us." I said, "Now what are we going to do about my favorite dinner that is now cold?" He says, "Just a minute, I'll take care of that." He takes the dinners to the microwave and warms them back up. As I sit waiting for him to return,my mind is just at peace. All I can say is "Thank you, God. This journey you have lead me to has officially begun. I have taken the leap of faith. It is your hands now." Amen.   He returns with our dinners. He sits close with me and he is talking 90mph. I take him all in.  He is so excited and exhilarated. He hardly takes a breath. I gaze into his eyes and see this man, the Icon, the Rock Superstar,producer, singer, songwriter, musician, genius, and My Best Friend, Prince Rogers Nelson, is a very happy man. He does not see it that way, the way million around the world do.   Instead, he looks at me and sees ME that way.  Yes, just like that. We retire to the cabana on the beach. We talked and loved on each other for hours until sunrise. We saw the sunset and now we are watching the sunrise. We feel asleep wrapped up in each others arms and love. It really was a beautiful night.

 It really was a beautiful night

Prince-POV

God, This no sex thing is hard. It is hard on her too. When I saw those surgery scars I almost lost it. She really endured a lot. I love her. I'm so scared I'm going to hurt her and she does not need any more pain. I'm glad she was OK with the guys coming over. That helped take my mind off of sex. But when I came to bed, I hurt her.  I about died.  She was good about it. Then she thought up those belly bands. Who knew? She is so funny when I made my remark about the lace being sexy. I was really out of line on that and she called me right out on it.  She is quick witted. And,that cabana bed down by the beach, why had I not thought of that before? All I want to do is spend time with her. I have no urgency to make music. I can if I want to.  I think I'll book some studio time, about once a week.  I hate to be apart from her. I miss her when she is not with me. Since she has been with me, all I want to do is write songs about her or us. I laid down a bunch of songs before we left.  When I showed her the cabana was on the beach she was so excited. It was a beautiful sunset. And when she touched me, I almost lost my load right there. Oh my, she can play me like I have never been before. I know she did not feel 100% and I still got 100%. I don't know what planet she sent me to, but she can really knock it out of  the ballpark every time.   Oh, I wanted to do her but I know I'm not allowed. I was surprised she let me do what I could. She said it was good but OMG, I was so scared I was going to hurt her. It's a good thing we have been practicing the slow love so when the time comes, I won't cause her any pain. She said that belly band will help her heal faster so should we see the Dr down here and see if she can freed early? I know she is really worried about the whole thing because she knows the consequences if we do it too early. And I do not want to cause her any pain or injury. I really love holding her. I feel her love and it gives me peace and tranquil feeling all over. I have slept the best with her than I have my whole life. She recharges my batteries.  I have really found my way home with her.  You sent me more than an angel.

I was thinking and when I gave Gigi my heart and I did not tell her I wanted her to be my wife. Well, I would have thought she would understand that is what I was telling her. I'll fix it. She's still not sure and I know why. She is not convinced I'm changed. She is so smart. I have her favorite dinner fixed. I think it will let her know how much I love her. I know she won't say yes, but she'll enjoy the dinner. Not to mention to thank her for giving me pleasure and relieve some sexual tension.

 Never in a million years did I think she was going to say YES last night. She is full of surprises and that was a big one. The way she looks at me just melts my heart. She is so beautiful inside and out. I hope this journey we are on lasts 20,30 or more years. If this is the tip of the iceberg, I cannot wait to see what else is in store. It has be fun so far. When she cried that she could not celebrate, it was so funny. Her humor is over the top. She has me beat. I can be good, but her's is just why I needed those late nite phone calls all those years. She always lifted my spirits and I called her at times when it was really dark. She always left me feeling better. I knew I loved her all these years, but I never imagined this. She is a dream come true. I was so excited she said yes, I could not shut up. I kept her up all nite and it was no ta sex thing. Yeah, we had a little of that but I love talking to her.  She has a really fantastic mind. She is a deep thinker and she can pull stuff right out of thin air.