The Apology

I wake up with that familiar warmth encompassing my body and soft kisses to the back of my neck. In my soft sultry voice, "What took you so long Sweetheart? I missed you." He pulls me over to him and I immediately notice the facial hair. He has his beard back, meticulously trimmed. I just about lose it. I take a couple deep breaths and kiss his soft lips. It has been almost two months since I last saw that facial hair. I close my eyes, trying to maintain my control as my hand caresses his cheek. 

"I love you Sweetheart

"I love you Sweetheart. I missed you terribly" I rest my hand on his neck just below his ear. "Baby, I love you so much. I'm so sorry for everything. I'll never allow it happen again. Please... forgive me?" I look directly into his eyes; "Sweetheart, I forgive you but you have some explaining to do. If you wanted to get your freak on, why didn't you call me up to the stage? Why her of all people? Especially after all the negative publicity! What I witnessed was grinding, not dancing!  And, did you have sex with her the night the two of you stayed out ALL night?" 

His whole body stiffened as he pulled back from me, "Baby, no way! I did not, and would never have sex with Delilah- or anyone! I'm a married man! Baby, you know how seriously I take my vows. Now, she did make some pretty bold advances that night, but I told her no; what we may have had in the past....stayed in the past. I never had sex with her though, even back then. She definitely came at me but I did not have sex with her. Please believe me Baby. I called her on stage because we'd danced during her guest spot in Australia; I thought it might be fun to do again. It was just part of the show, nothing more than that... the audience loves it." 

"The audience also knows you're married, so that was blatantly disrespectful to me- bumping and grinding with her. I could even see that Mr Happy was VERY happy! And that is supposed to be reserved exclusively for me! Those tabs keep saying you are secretly 'dating' her-which translates to 'fucking' her. What was I supposed to think after your little soft porn production? You acted like I wasn't even there... I was humiliated. If you don't learn to set boundaries with these women... if this EVER happens again, I will leave you- and never look back. Have I made myself clear?" Good! I felt enough anger to keep me from crying, getting it all off my chest . 

"You hurt me deeply Sweetheart- you broke my heart." He pulls me in close and in his smooth, deep, soft voice says, "Baby, I'm so, so sorry. I cannot tell you enough how sorry I am. It was entertainment, that's all. I never intended to hurt you. Please forgive me, I'll never let it happen again, I promise. " "OK, now why would you think it's alright to spend an entire night out with her? You may not have had sex with her, but to my way of thinking, you were emotionally unfaithful. You should be with me, not spending all damn night away with another woman. You need to examine why you let it happen, why you need women, other than me, to desire you. I love and adore you, why isn't that enough? What you allowed to happen on stage makes me wonder if I'm ever going to be enough for you. Why did you let her do that? It definitely felt like more than a musical collaboration."