Failed Love/4

Prince POV-Failed Love/Part 4

I throw a big log on the fire, it takes hold, igniting flames crackling as they burn. With a spring in my step, I swish and slide over to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee for us. I can hardly contain myself, I'm about to burst at the seams with overwhelming joy. I'm so happily exuberant while the coffee's making, singing, dancing, shakin my booty, "We're gonna make a baby, my baby and me." I spin and dance full of excitement. Putting the finishing touches on the coffee, I turn to take the coffee in and she's standing there intently watching me, "Ba...by, how long have you been there?" 

She is smiling and beaming, shaking her head. "Sweetheart, I saw the whole thing. Would you like to share your happy dance with me?" I put the coffee down, grab her up in my arms, we dance, swoon and sway while I sing to her in my best Ricky Ricardo voice:  (Scene from I Love Lucy)

 We're having a baby, my baby and me
You'll read it in Winchell's
That we're adding a limb to our family tree
We're pushing our carriage
How proud I will be
There's nothing like marriage
Ask your mother and father and they'll agree
He'll have toys, baby clothes
He'll know he's come to the right house
By and by, when he grows
Maybe he'll live in the White House
Our future gets brighter
But definitely
We're having a baby
We're having a baby
We're having a baby
My baby and me

Leaning her back slightly, "Baby, I'm so happy, are you?" Drawing my face to hers with her hands, sealing the seam of my lips, kissing me softly, "Yes Sweetheart, I am too. That was so lovely!" After we pick up our coffee, she takes my hand leading me back to our cozy spot. 

We seat ourselves in the corner of the sofa, giving us more spreading room

We seat ourselves in the corner of the sofa, giving us more spreading room. Sipping on our coffee, she is concentrating, submerged in thought. "Baby, I have been thinking, if you had a strong chemistry and a connection with Jacques, what did you have with Hub?" 

Still concentrating, "Well, Sweetheart, my relationship and marriage with Hub was extremely complicated to say the least. I am having trouble trying to figure out where to begin. I knew Hub for a long time, he would drop in and out of my life as we were really good friends. Even tho there was nearly 10 years difference in our age, we had many fun times together, he had a fantastic sense of humor, we enjoyed life and each other's company. After I came back from Paris and started working for AP as a music and entertainment writer, we started to date more on a regular basis. He was so comfortable, like an old pair of tennis shoes. After about a year, he asked me to marry him, immediately after we had mind-blowing, amazing sex. Yeah, I know it probably was not the most romantic but it was sincere and heartfelt. When Hub was in college, he worked at General Electric in their engineering lab creating man-made industrial cutting diamonds. He accidentally took a big hit of radiation which meant that he would probably be sterile or have a very low sperm count and not likely be able to father children. Fully knowing all my history, we were basically life partners and children were not a high priority for either of us. He received a very large settlement from GE which set him up with his own business when he graduated from college, quickly he became successful and a very wealthy man by the time we were married. There were times I thought we were soulmates but business got in the way being always first and foremost in his life. You know, like the music was first in your life. I believe we were just life partners, with mutual love, trust, respect, security, companionship and friendship. Hub was generous, gave me anything I wanted and adored me all the years we were married. We had a unique chemistry based in love, trust and respect for each other that built us a very happy life together. You remember all those anonymous purple flowers you sent to me, Hub never once ever showed any jealousy, never any other time during our marriage. He was a really cool, great guy and a wonderful husband. Our love and trust for one another ran oceans deep, we always came home to each other and looked forward to that reunion. As technology progressed, we decided to try to have a baby by means of in-vitro with a surrogate."