Anniversary Date-Part 2

Part 2-Anniversary Date

Kirk and the driver are inside watching TV in the lounge, which also includes surveillance of the grounds for intruders. They were instructed in how to lock up when we leave. "Baby, let's move over to the sofa to get comfortable." He helps me up, wrapping his arm around my waist as we walk over to the cabana with a sofa a few steps away to the side. I sit while he pulls the curtains down to protect us from the night air. We have a patio heater, along with a blanket if we need it. I kick off my shoes, curl my legs under me watching as he carefully removes his as well. We get situated on the sofa, cuddling, enjoying this time together post mini-concert. 

"Sweetheart, are you as worked up as you were last night- when you experienced that extreme 'after concert high'?" "No Baby, I'm relaxed...really happy right now." He is leaning to the side to retrieve something in his coat pocket; out comes a little purple box. Placing it in my hand, "Happy Anniversary Baby." I open it to reveal a beautiful jewel-encrusted charm for my charm bracelet. It is a miniature replica of his symbol guitar. I could also wear it as a pendant on a chain. 

I wrap my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his for a sweet kiss

I wrap my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his for a sweet kiss. "Thank you Sweetheart. I love it! It's the perfect ending to a perfect day. We created so many beautiful memories. I enjoyed every single special moment with you." "Oh Baby, singin' and playin' with you tonight was the ultimate high. I'm still soaring. That song was so perfect for us. I loved singing it with you." I am having mixed emotions over what transpired tonight. On one hand, I am perturbed with him for tricking me to play and sing with him. He promised me he would never expose me to an audience. On the other hand, I enjoyed it immensely. I loved singing with him, and that song expressed the raw emotion we feel for one another. My preference would have been to of sung it with him privately. I'm worried it will leak out that I can sing and play. Kirk now knows of my abilities, so it will spread like wildfire throughout the network of his people. Everyone will know! 

"Baby, what did you want to talk to me about earlier?" I lay the jewelry box in my lap, placing my hands on his face, "Sweetheart, I love you. I loved singing with you tonight, but you know that is not why I'm here with you. I was never meant to be your singing partner. Why did you insist I perform with you?" Looking sheepishly at me while I cup his chin in the palm of my hand, "Baby, I wanted you to sing to me tonight like I sing to you. I wanted to share that musical connection. That was the only way I knew to convince you. Are you mad at me?" 

I took a deep breath with a sigh, "Sweetheart, I don't know how I feel...I have mixed emotions about it. I loved feeling that connection, singing that song with you, but now Kirk knows! All your associates will soon know my secret. I never wanted anyone to know about my musical abilities. I am just a musician, not a creator like you. I am so overwhelmed by it all." This is so emotional, the tears are streaming down my cheeks, my body is trembling. He pulls me in for a tight embrace, holding my head steady to his shoulder to console me before he pulls me back to look into my eyes.