Catch me!

We sleep until the alarm for his pain meds goes off. I hit it quick so I don't wake him up. He says, "Baby, I'm awake. Good morning. I love you." I give him his pill and he takes it. I ask him how long he's been awake? He tells me not long and to call the staff to bring us a light breakfast. I called them, to just leave it in the kitchen and I'd come up to the house to pick it up. He thanks me for making him rest and he feels so much better this morning. I express to him that is what he has needed to do all along and to try to keep doing it for the next week. "Sweetheart, your body has had a major assault with that surgery last week and you need to rest so it will heal quickly. You booked that concert set so it is even more imperative you rest now so you will be able to get on stage and perform. I love you, please let me take care of you." He is sitting there with those come hither eyes and I look sternly back at him, "Stop that. I'm going to get breakfast and then you need to get ready for PT. We will see this afternoon, OK Sweetheart?" He just chuckled under his breath. I go get our breakfast along with a protein shake since it is just fruit, english muffin and yogurt. As I walk back, I see Kirk scurrying away and wonder what's up with that. When I get there, on my side of the bed is a beautiful bouquet of flowers. "Thank you Sweetheart. Those are really pretty." I picked them up and laid them aside after a peck on his cheek. He said, "Those are for my beautiful wife that is taking such good care of me." I smile and give him his breakfast on a tray and I slide in with mine. We talk about his concert and I tell him again, I am really concerned. He reassured me all will be good and he was so excited for us to go up to Connecticut for those days. He kept telling me it was for the band so he could promote them and that it is "their" time to shine. He can do that for them and really wants them to be the showcase of the performances. I just shake my head and hope he does not do anything to injure himself. I know he gets into the music and just feels it to move him, it just scares me that he might forget and try to do what he usually does. I tell him after we relax awhile it was time to get back to the house and get ready for his PT. I carry the trays back up with him and he carries the flowers. When we get back to the house, I send him up to start getting ready for his PT. Taking the dishes to the kitchen, I find a vase for the flowers, took the flowers in the vase to the room where he's doing his PT and head up to the master suite. 

When I get there, he's waiting on me, ready to take a shower. I told him to get in the shower while I got our clothes. He really does not need my help at this point, he just wants it. He wants his happy ending even more and I make sure he is well taken care of, satisfied. We got all ready for the day and had a little time to rest and relax out on the balcony. I gave him his pain meds so he will be good to go when Jill gets here. I told him that his incision was healed if he wanted to go swimming we could. He smiled and jovially, "OH! Baby, I'd love to do that later." I reminded him, "You have to rest first. Maybe we can take a swim after dinner, OK?" He was all for that. Jill texted she was at the gatehouse and we went down to meet her. She ran through all his exercises and got him to do a little extra today. Jill left a video for us to watch on how to do those water exercises and encouraged him to try them. They are low impact and will help get his flexibility back quicker. She said, "Be sure to rest after all exercising." Uh-huh, good she reinforced that. After she left, I warmed up some lunch for us and we watched the water exercises on the DVD Jill gave us while we were eating. He consumed his lunch quickly to get down to the beach. We headed out to the beach cabana to rest the afternoon away. There was no stopping, so we get down there straight away and he's ready to rest. I get his leg elevated, hand him a drink and slide in beside him. He is being so cooperative it's almost scary. I love him and I hope he sleeps for awhile. After finishing his drink, he went right to sleep with me following not far behind.