Stockholm-Part 2

Prince-POV

It was getting chilly after she slept for quite a long time into the night and I tried to wake her with soft kisses to get her up and over to bed. She was very hot to touch and I was getting really worried about her. She woke up easily but did not look good at all. I helped her to bed, she was so weak and could hardly walk without my help. Got her into bed and think she needs to be seen by a Dr. This is now an emergency situation. Frantically, I called the Dr. on the referral sheet and he said he would be there immediately. I paced and paced what seemed like to take forever until he arrived. Upon examining her, he told me she needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible. She is in critical condition, has a high fever and it was a good thing I called when I did as it was dangerously high. It would be quicker for us to take her than to call an ambulance as we are very close to the hospital. The Dr called the hospital and I called Kirk. We got her over to the hospital and they were waiting for us when we got there.Bypassing the ER, she was taken directly to the VIP suite. A team was waiting and started to work on her immediately. They hooked her up to monitors, did blood work, other tests, you name it. I was helpless to do anything. They also whisked her off for a CT scan and when they brought her back, they had already started an IV and then started her on IV antibiotics. I requested a larger bed so I could be with her and it was here when she got back from the CT-scan. Her CT-scan was all good, thank god. The Dr had determined that she had a severe kidney infection. When they finally let me go to her, she was only ½coherent and totally unresponsive to me. I about died seeing her like this. The nurse was nice to help me get into bed with her and hold her. She is still not responding to me at all. Holding her she was not cooling down, still hot and only ½ coherent. Quickly the nurses determined her fever was going up and not down, so they moved into action packing her in ice. I was frantic at this point and just standing there watching this helplessly. I decided I needed to call Bonnie. When I called her they were getting ready to leave for London. I talked them into coming here and arranged for them to get on a flight right away to Stockholm. I went to her side and held her hand, kissing her forehead. She opened her eyes and told me she was freezing, going right back to sleep. Know how much she does not like to be chilled, I told the nurse what she said. They checked, her fever was down so they pulled the ice off of her. The nurse told me I could be with her so crawled in bed and she was still not responding to me. I shot a texted Kirk to pick up Bonnie and Steve as they would be arriving in about an hour. I also gave Kirk a list of things to bring to the hospital for us. The nurses told me she was stable for now and just let them know if her fever went back up. I held her,still not feeling her and she was still not responding to me. Oh dear god, please don't take her away from me. Never have I not been able to feel her. The Dr came in to check on her and told me that she was stable, doing much better. The IV antibiotics would be on for 24hours and they needed to keep her for 48 hours. He told me my quick response saved her life, she would have died. After he left, I started to feel her respond to me. I could feel her and I calmed down knowing she was feeling my presences. She was still not coherent but she was sleeping sound, and rest will help her recover from the surgery too. Kirk texted me that he picked up Bonnie and Steve.  Stopping by the house, it is on the way, to drop off their luggage and that Steve wanted to watch a sporting event so he was just bringing Bonnie. That worked out good and he's bringing me our things I asked him to pack. Emotionally drained and exhausted, I dozed off until they got there. When he texted they were there, I met them at the elevator. I had Kirk come in with Bonnie and she went over to her. She was still out of it, but Bonnie just held her hand and stoked her forehead to comfort her. I took Kirk with the suitcase to the living room, closed the door and just lost it. I fell apart into a million pieces. "If I had not called the Dr., she would have died, Kirk. I almost lost her. I failed taking care of her." "P,calm down, she is going to be alright. We got her here in time. They are taking care of the problem. Don't worry now." "But, Kirk, it was my job to take care of her and I failed. I did not know she was that sick. I should have called earlier when I was suspicious something was not right." "P, how would you have known. She told you she was okay. She is being taken care of now and she is good. Go take a shower and get yourself together. " I told him they were going to keep her for 48 hours for the antibiotics and to make sure she is over it. "Bro, make sure she is 100% and don't rush getting her released. Go get cleaned up, pull yourself together and get back in bed with her. She needs you now." I took a quick shower and changed into my PJ's brought from the house. When I came out I checked and she was still out of it, sleeping. I motioned for Bonnie to come over and I filled her in on everything. While we were talking, she woke up and called my name, "Prince" and I rushed to her side, jumping over the sofa to get there quick. She never calls my name unless it is sex related and that really scared me. When I got over to her, she was awake now. I told her what happened and that Bonnie was here. I was so happy to see her awake, I kissed her so much and thanked god for her being alright. She wanted to see Bonnie, so I motioned for her to come over. After a few minutes, Bonnie came back and I told Kirk to take her back to the house. I thanked Bonnie for coming as I walked them to the elevator. Jogging back to the suite, crawled in bed with her and she asked me what happened. When I told her, she did not remember a thing after we left the house. She seems alright now, gathering her up and held her tight. Finally, I can feel her strong and she went right back to sleep. While she was sleeping, the Dr came back to check in on her again. He said she was almost back to normal, the antibiotics were working and all her vital signs were very good now. He told me to get her to eat dinner if she feels like it. I was assured she was going to be okay, just keep an eye on her and let the nurses know if her fever returns. I thanked him for his quick response. I cat napped with her, waking often to check on her. When she woke up, she seemed good. The nurse came into check her and she needed to use the bathroom. The nurse took the monitors off and said she was maintaining good enough to leave them off. She asked if she could get a shower and the nurse said it was OK if she felt up to it. I told the nurse I could do that so she helped me get her ready. Giving her a shower, washing her and did her hair, that had to make her feel better. She got all pretty and a nightgown that was not the hospital one. When we got finished and back in bed, dinner was here and she wanted to eat. I was so happy she had an appetite and that was a good thing. I feel much better she's going to be alright. She fell asleep in my arms and I could feel her love so I know she can feel mine. She is peaceful and sleeping.