Anniversary Date-Tonight

Anniversary Date 

When we reach the bottom of the steps, his arm around my waist pulls me into him, "Baby, you look so beautiful. I hope you love what I have planned for you tonight." His lips hover over mine, I gently pressed mine to his, kissing him softly with a lingering sweetness. "I'm sure I will Sweetheart. I'm anxious to see what you have lined up for us." His hand skims down my left arm to my hand. Drawing my hand to his lips, he kisses my wedding ring. "Baby, I love you more today than I did a year ago when I vowed to give you my heart and soul and placed this ring on your finger. My love for you is a journey starting at 4ever and ending at never." 

Draping my arms around his neck, "Sweetheart, I love you with my heart, my soul, my body and my mind. My love for you is forever too." I gave him a very passionate, all-consuming kiss. "Sweetheart, do you want to stay in tonight?" His eyes widened, "No, no Baby. We are going out. I have plans! Come on, let's go." He took my hand and we headed out. When we got out to the driveway, a beautiful team of 2 horses and a carriage awaited us. I was over the moon, "Oh my Sweetheart, where are we going?" He picked me up and swung me around. With my arms are around his neck, I kiss him profusely. "This is so lovely-so much fun, I love horses and carriage rides."  "Baby we will be taking this carriage for about an hour, then you will see the next phase of this trip." 

The coachman greets us at the carriage pulling the step out. My husband gives me his hand to assist me up into our 'ride'.  After we get situated, the driver hands him a bouquet of flowers which he then hands to me. "Baby, I had to get you some pretty flowers to go with your new dress." It is a bouquet of daisies, baby's breath, forget-me-nots and other blue spring flowers. The countryside is just lovely this time of year. Giving the side eye to my man, "Mr. Nelson...you behave now. Do you hear me?" He smiled that devilish smile, "Baby, I promise I'll be good. I want you to enjoy this ride with me. I can't wait till we arrive at the next stop." 

He's got something up his sleeve as he pulls me into him for the joyful ride

He's got something up his sleeve as he pulls me into him for the joyful ride. The driver points out things of interest along the way. "Baby, did you want to talk to me about something?" I think a moment, "No Sweetheart, it can wait until we get back to the chalet." With his arm around me and holding my hand, never losing contact with me, I could feel his connection and excitement for what's ahead. 

After about an hour, the driver pulls into a ski lodge. No skiing this time of year so I think we are going to have dinner here. Nope! We ride back to the ski lift "Baby, the lift is taking us down to the village below, where we will be picked up for the 2nd leg of this journey." I am skeptical, "Where are we going down there?" "Baby, you will see, it's a surprise." Alright, I'll find out sooner or later. The ski lift runs year round as transportation from the village to the top of the mountain. It is faster than driving up. We get to the staging area to wait our turn for a cable car. These are enclosed and typically take 15-20 people, but our cable car will be just us. We get inside for the descent to the bottom. There are a couple benches so we sit, marveling at the view of the 15-minute ride down to the village.