Big Day!

Today is the big day we have our conference call with the surrogate, her name is Charity Wagner. Our case specialist, Marlon from New Beginnings, will also be in on the video call. I hope and pray this goes smoothly. The time is set up to be after brunch because of the time difference with the west coast. We have a hairdresser and a masseuse coming in to do my hair and makeup while he gets to relax with a massage. Afterward, while we are on the call, Steve and Bonnie can indulge in a massage and whatever else they want, manicure, pedicure, haircut, etc. Our call should only last about an hour. We are flying out the day after tomorrow, if everything goes as planned, we will fly directly out to California to finalize everything in person after we drop Steve and Bonnie off in Cincinnati. When we arrive in Los Angeles, he booked us into the Beverly Hills hotel in their VIP bungalow which is his favorite place to stay in southern California. Good Lawd is he so excited! With the baby, I have the feeling I'm going to be dealing with two kids...if you know what I mean. God love him and so do I!

I managed to slip out of bed stealthy to get into the shower, hoping to gather together my thoughts for this epic video conference call. The water is pouring over me and I'm about as relaxed I can be given the state of mind I'm in.  Being a little apprehensive about the fact he knows this woman; anything could fly out of his mouth or he could completely weird-out on me, take your pick.  I hear the familiar click of the shower door after several minutes, I'm no longer 'alone' with my thoughts. Actually, I was expecting him. Just standing there with my head tilted back, taking in the sensation of gentle water spraying over me, I feel his arms weave around my waist. Yeah, I knew he was there so it did not startle me in the least. 

Leaning my head back further to rest on his shoulder, exposing my neck to him, he softly kisses my sweet spot just below my earlobe. A throaty exhale, "Morning Sweetheart." Muttering quietly in my ear, "Baby, are you alright?" What kind of a morning question is that? "Um-hum, why?" I flip around to face him, laying my head back on his shoulder, melding my body against his. "Baby, you are so tense and stiff. What's a matter?" "Sweetheart, I'm just anxious about our conference call today. I have a sinking feeling it might go south." 

Encircling his arms around me for reassurance, "Baby, we'll do just fine. I know this girl, she's a lovely person, a lot like you. Keep thinking positive thoughts and all will be well. " I don't have a clue why, but I burst out into tears. My whole body just cuts loose of all the tension and anxiety, I collapsed into him shaking and blubbering like a fool. I guess needed to cry it out to release what has built up inside me. Picking me up in his arms to carry me over to the shower seat, he sat down with me across his lap. Holding my head close to him, stroking my face and hair. 

I hear his silky smooth soft voice, "Baby, please...stop crying. I know you're scared, so am I. We will do just fine today, you'll see. You have nothing to worry about with this girl. She's perfect for us." Trying to get myself together, his voice and feeling his love calmed me quickly. He kept stroking my face and hair, it was hypnotic to me erasing all my fears and misgivings. He taps my hip, "Babe, let's get dressed and ready for our day. I think a massage for you would do wonders. I'll call and see if they can get here a little earlier than planned." 

Nuzzling my face into his neck, "Sweetie, how about you give me a massage now. I think it would be better from you today." Well, that just made his day. "Absolutely Baby! I'd love to massage all your troubles away today for you." He is grinning from ear to ear, you know how this is going to go. I must say fucking one's troubles away does have its pluses. Good thing we had ample time to indulge ourselves, leaving us both in the highest state of satisfaction when it was said and done.

 Good thing we had ample time to indulge ourselves, leaving us both in the highest state of satisfaction when it was said and done