Return To Paris

NYC back to Paris

Our return trip back to Paris, further time was devoted to deep, heartfelt conversation. Occasionally, we had breaks to engage in some romance. During one of our many conversations, I advise him we are making a stop on the way to the hotel. When I show him what I was doing, it should lay any worries completely to rest he may harbor about my intentions with Jacques.

We land in Paris late afternoon after enjoying a delicious lunch on the jet with Kirk and James. The chauffeur takes us to the church where he saw me, he will then drop James off at the hotel. We'll only need Kirk later. On our approach to entering the Catholic church, I stop, gripping his hand in mine, "Sweetheart, have you ever been in a Catholic church?" Smiling that infectious smile,"Yes, Baby. I have." "Do you understand the lighting of a candle?" Puzzled, "Sort of, not sure." "Sweetheart, I'll explain it to you inside." I loosen a scarf from my handbag and place it over my head before we enter the church. He gives me a strange look as I pick up his hand again to lead him inside. 

We locate a spot in the pews near the back, off to the side near the bank of prayer candles

We locate a spot in the pews near the back, off to the side near the bank of prayer candles. Only a sparse few parishioners are up front praying. I turn while keeping his hands in mine. He looks endearingly into my eyes as I draw a deep cleansing breath to alleviate tension, "Sweetheart, this year marks the 35th anniversary of Jacques' and my horrific ordeal. Every year, no matter where I am, I light a candle in remembrance of what was suffered and praise God that our lives were saved from that torture. Jacques requested I to go with him to light a candle. This is something that is very personal for him and I. Knowing you don't live in the past, I thought it was best we do this without you. Regrettably, I made a mistake not informing you beforehand what I was planning. For which, I apologize to you for my short-sightedness. Yesterday marked that 35th Anniversary, I felt it was bittersweet that I was here, in Paris to light a candle with him. There is more I'd like to show you. Please excuse me for a moment while I light another candle." I kiss his hands before I release them, get up and head over to the candles. I light a candle and kneel to pray. 

Deep in prayer, his touch to my shoulder startled me with that electrical connection, leaning over to kiss my cheek, he kneeled to joined me in prayer

Deep in prayer, his touch to my shoulder startled me with that electrical connection, leaning over to kiss my cheek, he kneeled to joined me in prayer. When he finished, he wrapped his arm around my waist to draw me in closer to him. He held me for a little while until he stood, not breaking his touch- he handed me up. With his arm wrapped around me, I gestured to the exits leading out to the courtyard, we wandered out there. I steered him with me to the desired location. "Sweetheart, do you comprehend where we are now?"