Love Never Fails

I wake up from my siesta and find myself alone, again. He must be in the studio working and I'll get dressed to make those Killer Brownies. I find a jogging outfit in my wardrobe, so I figure that'll work instead of pajamas or nightgown. I get dressed and head out to the kitchen. There is a small TV so I turn it on to listen to something while I make the brownies. I find a show to watch and proceed to make the brownies. On the fridge I find a note: "Baby, you made this afternoon so amazing. I love you. P" Aww, that was sweet of him. After I get these brownies out of the oven and cooled sufficiently, I'll take him one to sample. I watched TV and checked my tablet again. There is a message from Ray(AP writer) marked 'URGENT'. Wonder what's up now? I open the email and there's an attachment. The message from Ray, 'Here is a picture of him with another woman, is this true?' Dagnabbit, I knew sooner or later there would be a picture of me with that wig on. I looked at the pic and sure enough, it was from the concert and it took this long to hit a tabloid in England. I emailed Ray back a full on pic of me with the wig on, in the same dress. I told him, it's ME dammit! I'm the other woman. I informed him to use the full on pic and run that if he needed to. I just knew there would be a picture with that caption in a tabloid, but surprised it did not surface sooner. Probably should tell him about it so he does not get blindsided. Finally got the brownies out and cooled, so it's time to take him one. I go down to the studio and open the door quietly to see him sitting there writing in his purple notebook. I whisper softly, "Sweetheart, I have something for you." He looks up smiling and rushes over to me in double quick-time. "Baby, that smells really good. Is it still warm?" "Yes it is. I have something to tell you." He takes my hand and we go over to the sofa to sit down. "What's wrong babe?" "Nothing really. A picture of me in the wig hit a tabloid with the caption "Prince Has Another Woman" and I thought I should let you know. I took care of it, so no worries." He cracked up laughing. I chuckled and said, "I'm surprised it took this long to hit. Are you alright with it?" "Oh Baby, I think it is hilarious. Doesn't bother me in the least as long as you are alright?" "I'm good. I sent Ray a pic of me full on so he'll take it from there." He snarfed the brownie and wanted more. Suggesting we watch a movie before dinner, I told him that would be okay and I will go get him another brownie. 'Two' he told me so I gave him my side-eye and said to him 'okay'. I saved two brownies back to have later and plated up the rest of them. He's been really good lately with the sweets so if he wants to indulge on them, I will spoil him and love it. I'm so happy he likes my baking. I meet up with him in the theater room and he has the movie ready to start. He was so thrilled I brought the plate of brownies, "Baby, thanks so much for bringing me all those brownies. I love them as much as I love the Baker." I made a microwave bag of popcorn for myself so we were good to go. He devoured all the brownies and wanted some of my popcorn too. I guess dinner will be on hold for later tonight. The movie was good and when it was over, we cuddled for awhile watching the CNN news. "Sweetheart, are you ready for dinner?" "What did you have in mind?" "Soup and a sandwich. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich." "Baby, that sounds wonderful.  That's one of my favorites." I go up to the kitchen and get the soup ready and add some spices to it while it is heating up. I made the grilled cheese sandwiches and called him when it was ready. He was so pleased with dinner, "Baby, I just love your cooking. I'd love to have more brownies, please?" I saved two back and got them from where I hid them. This time I put some whipped cream on top of them. Now, you know where that goes. He hears me spray the Redi-whip, "Extra whipped cream, please." When I sat the plate in front of him, I dipped my finger in his mounded high whipped cream and swiped my finger across his upper lip. He grabs my hand and proceeds to lick all the whipped cream off my finger. Well, that spun out of control. My jogging pants hit the floor and he had me for dessert. The can of whipped cream was unscathed, more for later. After dinner it's tub-time. Like the last time, there was a very happy ending in bed. Always holding me and humming a sweet tune for me to fall asleep. I was exhausted and slept until morning.