The Morning After

The Morning after the Wedding-Leavingfor the Official Honeymoon

I wake up intertwined in his arms.Today is different, I wake up this morning as his wife. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I love him and I can feel his love and warmth. This is my favorite time of day. I never get enough of this. I think about all sorts of things. I wonder sometimes what I really do for him. I am not an artist he can make music with. I do have some skills but really what is it I do for him? I don't cook, clean or anything like that. I do make sweet treats. I am writing the book but what else is there? I guess I am just here for him when he needs me. I am the outlet for that penned up energy and I love it. And then yesterday, the most important day of my life, I freeze in the middle of the damn aisle. What was that all about? God, were you trying to tell me something? You had plenty of time to tell me something before yesterday. I hope he doesn't think I was having 2nd thoughts because I was not. I just could not move. Was it something you made him do? As soon as I touched him it was all better. His love just enveloped me. I knew I would be OK after he came to get me. Please God, let this all be OK. It feels so good and right. I think he is awake. His hold on me tightened. He says, "Good Morning Wife." I looked into his eyes and said, "Good Morning Sweetheart. How is my Husband today?" He says, "I am in awe taking in my beautiful wife I waited my whole life for. I am so happy. I love you." I said, "I love you. You complete me." Here it comes. He says, "Baby, you really scared me yesterday. I thought you were changing your mind when you quit walking towards me." I said, "You are my husband. I need to tell you all about it. ....That thought never even crossed my mind. I just could not move. I don't know why, but when you came to me, everything was OK. When I felt you, all that left. My mind was saying walk but my body was not getting the signals to walk. I remember I was looking at you, only you. My heart and mind was saying, 'please come to me'. I just think that is what you were supposed to do. I love you and nothing changed that." He smiles and says, "Yes, something has changed. Now, you are my wife." I smiled and said, "Yes I am! You are my husband and I love you. What do you think happened? " He said, "I don't know Baby. I was taking in your beauty and I was just so amazed. I tripped out and then Kirk smacked me on the back and said, "Go to her. She needs you. She is stranded." Right then I heard your heart speak to me and say "Come to me, I need you." So, I came to you and rescued you. Our eyes were locked on each other and yours were drawing me into you with every step. When I put my arms around you,you were trembling so hard underneath all that beauty, I thought I'd never get you to move until it stopped. Then I remembered the cuff links and as soon as I said, "Our love has come full circle." I tall stopped and I could feel the calm of your love. I knew then, everything was going to be OK, I just needed to take it slow. Baby, I can't explain it either. It was otherworldly." I said, "I can't either. When you put your arms around me and those words, I felt your love and it calmed me. I just want to make it perfectly clear, it had nothing to do with me changing my mind. Those thoughts never entered my mind. Whatever it was, you are right, otherworldly. It all worked out in the end. I love you, Sweetheart. Thank you for rescuing me and thanks for saving me from Cathy in wardrobe. Before you got there she was talking 90mph asking me what happened. All I could say was, I don't know." He started to chuckle and laugh. He said, "You should have seen Kirk." He got Cathy seated and then came to get me and my brother was a hot mess and he was the Best Man. is job was to support me. Well, you know me, I wanted to know what you looked like.He was speechless and all he could say was 'Bro, Brace Yourself ' so I tried. And he was right. I could not have prepared myself for what I was about to see, Baby you looked like a fairy-tale Princess and I just tripped out." Laughing, I said, "You don't know the ½ of it. He came in to deliver the flowers to us. We are all dressed up, just waiting and keeping it together. Your brother just took a seat and broke down, crying like a baby. Cathy and I just looked at each other and thank goodness we had Kim and Jackie. They consoled him and got him back together. You need to do something special for them,they earned it. We could not help him or we would have been right there with him and I felt bad about that. It is funny now but it wasn't when it was happening [laughing]" He was doubled over laughing and so was I. I said, "Poor Kirk, I really felt sorry for him. He does love you like a brother." He said, "Don't worry about the girls. I took good care of them." He gathered me up to hold me and then he said, "Baby, when I turned around and saw you,I just tripped out into space. I could not believe what I was seeing.  You looked like a fairy-tale princess and even with Kirk's warning, I just checked out.  With every step you made toward me, the more beauty I could see. When you stopped, I was just in awe. I'm glad Kirk slapped me back to reality. I needed to do that and bring you up with me. It was supposed to happen that way. It just showed how much I love you." I said, "We did rehearse it that way so that is the way it was meant to happened. I am happy you came down the aisle and rescued me. I love being your wife." He said, "Baby, are you ready to go on our Honeymoon?" I said, "Yes! Where are we going?"He said, "It is a surprise. I will tell you it is warm and tropical. That is all I'm telling you. How long will it take you to pack?" I said, "You know me, not long. When are we leaving." He said, "This evening." I said, "Good! I'll get ready now."