Recovery in the Carribean

Saturday December 7, 2013
Waking early with him holding me, I think about all we have been through. I hope he keeps recovering well from this surgery, we don't want any setbacks. He is doing so good it is amazing for me to see him snap back so fast. He is awake as I feel his arms tighten on me. I say to him, "Good morning, Sweetheart." He greets back to me, "Good morning Baby. I love you." I crawl up to him and kiss him good morning. He asks me if I want to go to the Turks house today? I ask him, "Do you feel up to it? I thought you were going to rest today and we were going to go tomorrow?" He says, "I can rest a lot better when we get there. Let's go today. I can get the plane on a moment's notice. How long will it take you to get ready?" I replied, "I'm ready to go. All we need to do is pack your stuff." We don't need to pack much as we already have a bunch of stuff already there. I get up and he tells me what to pack for him and I sit the suitcases out at the door. When I come back, I get him up to take a shower so we can get out of here. First, he calls to have the plane ready and the staff in the Caribbean to have the house prepared for our arrival. I ask him about all the food we have in the fridge and he says, bring some of it we can have down there. So, I go pack a cooler with the food. I help him into the shower and he wants to play. I said, "Huh, uh. You play nice today. You are supposed to rest." I do take care of him in the shower and he was happily satisfied. We are all dressed and Kirk is waiting on us having already taken the suitcases to the car. I'll be, he walks with his cane and it is hardly noticeable that he had surgery 3 days ago, amazing he is doing this well. I think it is partly he is pushing through it to get back to normal so no one will notice and that he appears to be normal. What is wrong with me, there is nothing normal about this man. I have control of the drugs so I know exactly what he is taking. Not that I don't trust him it is just for a check and balance, no temptation so to speak. So far he has not asked me for any today and I made sure there was no previously prescribed painkillers stashed anywhere. All bottles have been checked as he does take herbs and vitamins. I even asked him if he had pain killers stashed anywhere and he told me emphatically no, I have to trust him at this point. 

We arrived at the airport and he did need some very minor assistance getting up the steps into the plane but other than that, he was good

We arrived at the airport and he did need some very minor assistance getting up the steps into the plane but other than that, he was good. Kirk got behind him and I was in front of him to give him a hand if he needed it. He just took my hand to get the the last step onto the plane. Kirk was behind him to keep him from falling in case he mis-stepped. He negotiated the few steps really well. Our usual flight attendant Nancy was there to greet us. "Welcome Mr. & Mrs Nelson, we are happy to take you to the Turks and Caicos today. I hope everything is as you requested for your flight." I thanked her for everything and told her we were glad to see her today. The sofa on the plane had been converted to a daybed so he could rest on the trip. He needed to have the seat swiveled out so he could easily get into it. I go in first, so I could be next to him, with me at the windows seat. He ordered lunch for us and our flight attendant, Nancy, was so nice to bring it quickly after we leveled out. After our nice lunch, I helped him over to the sofa bed and got him settled in. He wanted me to be with him so I scrunched in with him. It was really tight but we managed, holding him and hoping he would go to sleep to rest. He is always thinking and wanted another mile high club but I told him not this time, to rest up for later. I managed to catch about an hour nap but he was out for quite awhile longer. I am so happy he got some well needed rest. Nancy lets me know we need to prepare to land and asked if I needed any help. I told her I was good. Whispering in his ear, "Sweetheart, time to wake up." and follow that with soft kisses and he responds immediately back to me. I helped him up and over to the seat for landing. We exited the plane easily to the awaiting limo and on our way to the house.