Love...Thy Will Be Done

After resting in each other's arms a while, the text came through that our dinner was about ready. We gather our things and head up to the house to join Bonnie and Steve for dinner. On the way up the path, he stops, tugging on my hand back to him, "Baby, do you want to share our news about the surrogate with Steve and Bonnie over dinner?" Thinking a brief moment, "Sure Sweetie. You can tell them. I can see you are so excited to share our good news. I think they will be happy to hear it." 

He takes my hand to interlace our fingers as we head on up to the veranda. Arriving, Steve and Bonnie are looking a little smug. I have to wonder what they've been up to. He says, "Steve and Bonnie, we have some exciting news we want to share with you." Steve smirks, "We don't need to hear all about your afternoon delight, okay!" I quip, "Dagnabbit Steve, get your mind out of the gutter! We are happy, overjoyed actually, about some good news we wanted to share with our friends." 

Steve looking a little sheepishly, "I'm sorry, Gigi. Knowing you two, my thoughts ran away with me. I didn't mean to spoil your good news. Please...tell us." My man is beaming ear to ear as he takes my chair out for me to be seated, he can hardly contain himself. Bouncing all around kinda like a kid getting ready to go to Disneyland, he tells Steve, "Buddy, this calls for a bottle of champagne, let's go to the bar and fix a glass of bubbly for us all." The guys go inside to fetch champagne for us. Bonnie gives me 'the look'. 

"Bonnie, this is really good. Don't worry. All is well." She leans over the table towards me and whispers back to me, "This is about the babies, right?" I sit back and nod. Her face lights up like a Christmas tree. I whisper back, "Shhh, don't ruin it for him. He's so delighted." Bonnie takes her fingers and acts like she's zipping her lips. I had to chuckle. 

The boys are returning with our champagne. My husband is gleaming those pearly whites at me, handing me a champagne flute. "Thank you, Sweetheart." He leans over to kiss me while taking his seat, "You are welcome, Baby. I love you more than ever." Steve is grinning like he knows what's up. "Sweetheart, go ahead and tell them the good news before you bust a gasket." 

He stands up, holding his champagne flute extended for a toast, "Steve and Bonnie, we are happy to announce we've been accepted by the IVF agency. They expedited our request and a surrogate has been selected for us to start a family." 

Bonnie and Steve jump up, out of their chairs cheering, I hop up in the flurry of it. Our champagne flutes cling, we take a sip and he comes in for another sweet kiss. Steve and Bonnie are beside themselves. Steve says, "Congratulations! I know you two will be excellent, the best parents. We are so thrilled for you both." 

After taking our seats, he casually asks Steve if he can do the psychological evaluation tomorrow and Steve agreed. He told him that he did not see any reason at this point in his therapy that would prevent him from moving forward with the IVF; having resolved his issues satisfactorily. 

We dined on a delicious dinner and the entire dinner conversation was a buzz about starting our family. They are so jubilant for us. We planned on dinner out tomorrow night to celebrate all our good news in style at Via Veneto's. It's one of our favorite places, so we will have another festive and lovely Italian dinner there.

The next day Steve does his psychological evaluation and I faxed it to the agency along with some other signed documents and formalities. He called Van Jones who is not only a good friend but also an attorney to review the legal documents. Since the IVF will more than likely be done in the state of California, Van is a California attorney. He will know if there is anything we should add, delete or modify the contract with the surrogate. He does not like contracts but this time he is not taking any chances and wants it iron-clad. We received a time that has been set up for us to video conference call with the surrogate in a few days.