Chapter 32-The Morning After

I wake up and he's still holding me.Ahh, I just love this. I am really good at waking up without startle.I lay there and take him in. It is just peace and tranquility.Even-tho the house is full of people, it is like we are in our owncocoon. He told me last nite that while the band is here, they canrehearse for an appearance next month at SXSW in Texas. He is doingthis so we can stay longer down here. He is confidant of this groupand they will rehearse today and tomorrow and then we are aloneagain. I really do enjoy this group of people. They are such a greatgroup. I can see why he likes them so much. I have no idea what timeit is but I know it is before 2, that is rehearsal time. Wait aminute. Stay here longer. Uh huh, I missed that one last nite. Thereis not a lot that gets by me, but he sneaked that one under my radar.We are going to the Dr down here at 4 weeks because if we staylonger, I'll miss the one up north. OK, I see where this is going.Well, we will just see how this goes. I'll compartmentalize it andsee when he brings it up. It's OK with me as I love this place. He isalways thinking ahead. He is holding me and his grip is gettingtighter, he is awake. I am going to stay put as this is the next bestthing to sex. I just love it and I love him. I am on a love highright now and I don't want it to end. I take it all in for awhileuntil he takes his hand and cups my face, "Baby, are you awake?"I was awake but not fully, "Sorta" He said "I love having youhere like this with me." I said, "Darling, I do too. Do we haveto get up?" He said, "Not for awhile." He takes his hands andgathers me up and I just was totally relaxed and in my shangri-la. Mymind is at ease and I just cannot imagine life without this. I don'tthink it can get any better. Well, maybe in a few weeks, but for now,I'm good, ahhh. Awhile later, he starts to caress my face until Iwake up. I look up at him and say, "I love you Sweetheart. Thanksfor indulging me this morning." He kisses me and said, "No, thankyou. it feels so good I don't want to leave you, but I must." Isaid, "I know. We have plenty of time to do this again. I want todo this all day down at the beach when they leave, OK?" He was allin for that. He asked me if I was going to get up now and I told himyes, I needed help to get a shower but I was going to stay up hereuntil rehearsal was over. He got me up and I showered with him and hedid my hair and helped me get dressed. He so good to me. I went overto the lounge and told him to send Cathy up. He kissed me goodbye andsaid, "Have fun this afternoon." So, he left and Cathy came upwith food. We ate and talked and talked and talked. We had a goodvisit. I suddenly felt myself crashing. I told her I needed a nap.Tell him to come get me when he is done. She helped me back to bedand hugged me bye. I was gone! I feel soft kisses on my face. I openmy eyes to see my Love. He said, "Are you feeling OK now Baby?" Isaid, Yes, I'm ready for tonite. What do you have planned?" Hesaid, "They are getting dinner ready now and they were going tojust jam tonite until whenever." I said, that sounds great, Help meout of here. He fixes me back up and we head downstairs. He is such agreat Girlfriend. Gotta love it. When we get out to a terrace, thereis the long table with almost everyone there. Now this was asurprise. It was like an engagement party with about 20 people. Somehad to leave but most were there. Cathy was gone and we had said ourgoodbyes. I was seated right next to Shelby. She just exudeshappiness. She leaned into me and said in my ear, "We are all sohappy for you two. This happened a lot quicker than you thought." Isaid, "You've got that right." We ate and talked and those kidswere so much fun. They kept tapping their glasses so we would kiss.Nice dinner party. Every time he left me to go to the other end ofthe table, his eyes never left me. Shelby and a couple others noticedit. They said, "Look, he never takes his eyes off of you. See thatlook. He loves you and there is no denying it. And that smile, neverleaves his face." They were right and they want to keep him thatway. They love their boss. He announced we were moving the party tothe performance area. He escorted me and he was so close to me, I wasglued to his side. I don't think I could ever tire of this. We getover there and it was just like last nite. He asked, "How long doyou think you can make it tonite?" I said, Probably midnight. Hesaid Perfect. I got to thinking, somethings up. Oh well, we will see.They start playing and it was a fantastic set. They rolled from onesong to another. I noticed he had his piano up there tonight. Theyjammed a bit and it was so nice. Then he comes to get me. Oh God,here we go. He sits me down at the piano and sits next to me. He cuesthe band and he sings to me "You Bring Me Joy". That did it. Icollapsed in his arms. He whispers in my ear, "Baby, I found thewords to describe it how I feel." He sometimes does not communicatewell with words but this song is crystal clear how he feels. Againthere was not a dry eye in the house. We said our good nites, andheaded upstairs. It was way past midnight and I was doing well untilthat song and I was spent. I told him, "Sweetheart, I love you toojust like that." He just smiled. He helped me get ready for bed andyou know what is next on the agenda. So, he was satisfied and so wasI. This will be our love life for the next few weeks. I wentimmediately into a deep sleep.