Funeral

She had known Forsythe Sr, he was a big part of the Serpents when she was a part of the gang. She had grown to know him better once she fell in love with FP.

She spent a lot of her time at the Jones men's trailer, going there with FP after school and staying there until the wee hours of the morning. Forsythe Sr. had been like a second father to her, which she was grateful for.

So when the news came that he had passed she was devastated, but her mind instantly flew to FP and how he might be dealing with everything.

So here she is now, listening to a preacher talk about the type of person Forsythe Sr. was and about his legacy.

Hal didn't come which Alice is grateful for, but he wasn't exactly thrilled she was attending the funeral. She made it known that this was just her paying her respects to an important person from her past, Hal acknowledged the fact with a grunt and she left without another word.

Betty came to comfort Jughead but they're standing on the other side of the burial.

Alice, however, is standing next to FP. She knows how close FP and his father were, so she knew how hard this would be for him. He was a big part of the reason she came, she does want to pay her respects but she wants to be here for him more.

After all, the only time FP ever let his guard down was when he was around her.

She can see how upset he is and how hard he's trying to hide it. So she reaches over to grab his hand, squeezing gently to hopefully convey that's it's going to be ok, and to let him know that she's here for him.

He turns to her and gives her a sad smile, then he entwined their fingers and focuses back on what the preacher is saying.

Before they know it casket is being prepared to be lowered into the ground. FP takes a deep breath and a step forward, holding Forsythe Sr's Serpent jacket in his hands. The leather is worn and old, clearly well used.

FP raises the jacket to his lips and murmurs "Once a serpent, always a serpent." Before placing the jacket in the casket.

The casket gets closed and lowered into the ground, people are tossing handfuls of dirt, some throwing in flowers. FP just stares, completely blank.

After the casket is in the ground everyone leaves, but FP doesn't move so Alice doesn't either. She wants to stay with him, to comfort him, and he lets her.

She doesn't say a word, and neither does he. He just stares at the burial sight with a numb feeling in his body.

"FP?" Her sweet voice asks, quietly, when she sees his face growing red.

He stays silent and she places her hand on his back to comfort him. "It's okay. You don't have to be strong, it's okay to be upset. There's nothing to be ashamed of... it's me."

He turns to her and that's when she sees the gloss in his eyes from tears ready to fall.

She opens her arms without another word and he wraps his arms around her middle. She wraps her arms around his neck and he buries his face into her shoulder.

She feels his sobs against her skin and the sight of the man she loves so in pain causes a tear to fall from her eye. She runs her hands up and down his back, feeling his shaking body between her arms.

They stand their in silence, the only sounds are from FP's muffled cries. Alice holds him tight, he holds her tight, his arms clinging to her body for dear life as if she's all that's keeping him from completely falling apart.

He pulls back from their embrace after, who knows how long, and only moves his arms from around her momentarily to wipe the tears from his face.

His arms move around her body once again and she squeezes his shoulders lightly.

"I'm glad you were here." He says as he wipes a stray tear from her cheek. "I was hoping you would, and I know he would've wanted youth be here."

"I wouldn't miss it." She says honestly. "He was like a second father to me... and I know how important he was to you and I wanted to make sure you're okay."

"I will be, it's just... it's hard you know? Knowing I'm never going to see him again. Hard pill to swallow."

"I get it." She smiles softly as she places her palm on his cheek. "And if you need anything, anything at all, FP, I'm always here... no matter what."

He nods sadly and turns away, but she taps his cheek, turning his face back to her.

"You don't have to hide how you're really feeling. I know what you're going through, it's hard."

"Thank you, Alice... for everything."

She smiles at him and he watches her intently. They're older now but she's still as beautiful as he remembers her being in their younger years.

He reaches for her again, wrapping his arms around her. She complied instantly, holding him tight.

That's when FP knew, that even though things are hard as hell right now, they'll eventually get easier. Especially if she's there beside him.