Crib

Alice has been gone since Friday, it's Sunday night and boy do he and Chic miss her. The baby is a serious mama's boy, not that FP blames him, so whenever he starts getting fussy he wants Alice and only Alice.

So now he's bouncing around the living room with he baby cradled in his arms, trying to get him to relax and fall asleep. Chic is wailing like a banshee and FP does his best to calm him down. "Hey, hey buddy, it's okay. It's okay."

The phone rings and FP glares at it across the room. He picks it up and is almost thankful to see Fred's name, maybe he'll know what to do.

"Fred, hi." FP speaks into the phone.

"Hey-" he pauses when he hears Chic's cries. "what is happening to your child?"

"He misses Alice and I can't get him to calm down."

"Get one of her shirts or something that smells like her and let him hold onto it. Might calm him down and make him feel like she's there without her actually being there."

"Freddy, you may be my hero."

"Well I was calling to ask if you and the kid wanted to hang out and watch the game but he doesn't seem too happy."

"Maybe tomorrow night?"

"Sounds like a plan. Good luck." FP says his goodbye and then hangs up the phone.

He positions Chic better in his arms and walks to he and Alice's bedroom. "Alright kid, lets find you something that smells like your mama." He looks around the bedroom and sees one of her t-shirts draped over a chair. He picks it up and holds it in his arms along with Chic.

The boy almost instantly stops crying as he nuzzles against the fabric of the shirt. Thank you, Fred Andrews. FP silently praises.

He cuddles the boy closer to his chest and rocks him back and forth, soothing him to sleep. It's not long until the Baby is asleep and FP walks across the hall to lay him down in his crib.

When he's sure that Chic is asleep he walks back to he and Alice's bedroom and flips on the baby monitor before stripping down to his boxers and getting in bed.

It's not long before he hears Chic start crying and he quickly hops out of bed and goes to the nursery to check on him.

"Hey," he picks him up out of the crib and hugs him close to his chest. "hey, kid, it's okay. You're okay, daddy's here." He soothes him, rocking back and forth, even tries singing to him. Alice does it all the time and it works for her.

After he calms down FP lays him back down in his crib, but as soon as he does Chic starts crying again. FP sighs and then gets an idea.

He moves Chic over and then swings a leg over the side of the crib, climbing inside. When he's in he picks Chic up and lays him on his chest, rubbing his back to soothe him. It works, the minute Chic is laying on him he calms down and closes his eyes again, but now FP knows he's stuck in here for the night. He figures it's better than having the baby cry all night long so he balls up Alice's shirt, places it under his head and closes his eyes.

The next morning Alice arrives back home. "Honey, I'm home. I missed you two so much." She says as she opens the front door. She peers around the living room and doesn't see FP or their son, she looks into the kitchen and doesn't see them in there either.

She drags her suitcase behind her as she walks down the hall, she looks into Chic's nursery as she passes and smiles when she sees them. FP is laying on his back, his knees folded since he's too long to fit and there's a babbling baby boy laying on his chest.

She's not surprised that he doesn't hear Chic babbling away, her husband always has been quite the heavy sleeper.

She walks over to the crib and sees Chic's face light up when he sees her. He smiles and giggles as she reaches out her arms to pick him up. "Good morning!" She coos, cuddling her son close. "I missed this cute little face so much." She kisses all over his cheeks and he giggles.

FP wakes up as he hears Alice talking and Chic giggling, he looks over and sees her standing there, their son in her arms, bouncing him on her hip.

"Well good morning sleepy head." She greets with a smile. Lord, he had missed her.

"Morning." He smiles back. He sits up and, very ungracefully, gets out of the crib, tripping a little. He walks over to her and takes her face in his hands, kissing her long and slow. "I missed you."

"Mm, I guess you did. That was quite the kiss." She kisses him again and then smiles. "I missed you too." She looks down at the smiling baby on her hip and raises him in the air, peppering kisses all over his face. "And I missed you too my handsome boy."

"Believe me, he missed you too." FP inform her as he yawns, stretching to get out the kinks in his body from sleeping in the crib all night.

"Judging by your tone I take it wasn't a good thing he missed me?"

"He wouldn't settle down for me, you're the baby whisperer and he," he points to their son and reaches out a hand to tickle the baby. "is a massive mama's boy."

"Ah. Well, I'm sorry he wouldn't go down for you. I promise I won't go away that long again without taking you two with me. I missed you too much." She leans up to kiss him softly and when she pulls away she catches a glimpse of her t-shirt in Chic's crib.  "Babe? Why is my shirt in his crib?"

"It smelt like you." FP explains with a shrug. "I told you he's a mama's boy. Fred suggested it when he heard him crying on the phone, worked like a charm."

"Well I'm home now so lucky for both of you you have the real thing, not just my shirt that smells like me."

He smirks and steps closer to her. "Thank God for that." And he kisses her again.

_

A/N

This idea randomly came to me today so here it is. I just really thought the idea of FP sleeping in Chic's crib would be cute.