"Do You Love Her, FP?" (1)

Based off the promo for 3x15!

I'll be doing two of these oneshots, this one is more based on how I want the scene to go the other will be how I think it'll go.

_____

"Happy Birthday, old man." Gladys teases as FP walks into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday dad!" Jellybean and Jughead exclaim, making him smile.

"Thank you." He chuckles and pours some coffee into a mug.

"Getting pretty up there in age, huh?"

"Gee thanks, you really know how to make a guy feel special on his birthday."

"I'm just teasing you, calm down." Gladys smirks and walks over to him, pecking a kiss to his cheek. "Happy birthday, FP. Jug and I made you pancakes."

_____

"Hey, you." Alice smiles as she walks into his office. "Happy birthday, handsome." She wraps her arms around him and leaves a lingering kiss on his cheek.

He smiles. "Thanks, Al."

"Looking damn good for, fifty." She fiddles with the tie around his neck.

"Yeah right." He scoffs.

"You do! I think you just get better looking with age." She pulls him closer to her by his tie.

"Gladys called me an old man." She steps away from him at the mention of Gladys.

"Well Gladys is an idiot."

"Alice-"

"She's still living there?" He nods and she sighs. "How's that going?" She turns away from him as she awaits his answer.

He lets out a deep breath. "It's interesting."

"Good, interesting?" She looks back to him and he sees the tears in her eyes.

"No, just interesting. It's weird having her there all the time."

"Do you love her, FP?"

"Alice-"

"It's a simple question, FP. Yes or no?"

"It's complicated."

She scoffs. "It's not complicated for me. I thought we were on the same page here."

"And what page would that be?"

"I love you! I know we don't exactly say that out loud but I thought we both felt it." She wipes away a tear that slips down her cheek.

"We do! I do love you."

"But you also love her."

He shakes his head and walks over to her. "Its a different kind of love. There's a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. I love her, I'll always love her, she gave me the two most important things in my life. But Al, I'm in love with you, I always have been."

"You are?"

He laughs and cups her face in his hands. "Of course I am. It's always been you, Al." She smiles and he wipes away a stray tear that slipped down her cheek. "I didn't want her to come back, Alice. She invited herself. The only reason she's even there is because I want to see Jellybean."

"I'm sorry." She sighs as she nuzzles her head into his chest.

"For what? You don't have anything to apologize for."

"I'm just so paranoid about losing you again."

"Hey," he places his finger under her chin to tilt her face upwards. "You're not going to. I'm not going anywhere."

She smiles a little and he kisses her softly.