First Tooth

Requested by: falicesfate

_____

"Good morning pretty girl." FP coos to his daughter as she gurgles away in her crib. She reaches out her arms for him and he obliges her, lifting her into his arms. "Let's go see mama." She smiles at the mention of Alice.

He carries her downstairs and into the kitchen where Alice is cooking breakfast. "Look Bean, it's mama." 

Alice turns around and smiles at the two of them. "Hi there baby girl," Jellybean reaches for her and Alice takes her into arms, peppering kisses on her cheek. "Good morning!" She coos, earning a giggle from the baby.

"Breakfast smells good, babe." FP tells her, scrambling up the eggs in the pan.

"Thanks, honey." She puckers her lips for a kiss and he happily gives her one. Jellybean lays her head on Alice's chest as she sways with her. "Youre drooling up a storm there, missy." She brings her hand up to wipe away the drool from her cheeks with her thumb. Jellybean clasps Alice's thumb in her hand and brings it to her mouth, biting on it.

"Looks like someone's hungry." FP comments.

"Can you finish up breakfast? I'll warm her up a bottle." He nods and starts turning over the sizzling bacon.

She goes to take her hand away to get Jellybean a bottle but the little girl starts crying. "Hey, hey, it's okay, sweetie."

FP looks at his daughter confused. "I'll warm up her bottle, babe, you can go sit."

He warms up Jellybean's bottle and brings it to Alice once it's ready, Jellybean is still chewing on her finger, only stopping once she lays eyes on her bottle.

"Hey, princess, look what daddy has." Alice points to the bottle and Jellybean makes grabby hands for it.

She gives Jellybean her bottle as FP goes back into the kitchen, though she doesn't really drink her bottle, just chewing on the rubbery part of it.

Alice's eyebrows knit together and she carries her into the kitchen, the girl still chewing on her bottle. "Hey, hon?" FP turns to them. "Do you think she's sick? She usually loves drinking her bottle and she's just kinda chewing on it."

Her and FP got back together when Jellybean was just two months old after Gladys fled town,  so she's given the baby a bottle enough times to know that the girl loves them. It's unusual for her to not drink it.

"Hm, I'm not sure. It is kinda strange." He reaches his hand out to touch Jellybean's forehead. "Well she doesn't have a fever." He sighs in realization. "Wait, I think I know what the problem is."

He pulls Jellybean's bottle away from her and the girl whines. He pushes up her lip a little to get a look at her gums and sees a little tooth poking through. "Someone's teething."

"Oh no, poor baby." Alice presses a kiss to her head. "Looks like we're in for a rough time for a little while."

"Well, at least we're in it together." He kisses her softly and presses a kiss to Jellybean's cheek. "Love you Jellybelly."