First Steps

Requested by: faliceforever

(I got this request a while ago, but I'm just writing it now so I apologize for that.)

_

_

"Come on baby, come here, come to mommy." Alice calls to her daughter, gesturing with her hands to come to her.

"Lindie, sweetie, come to daddy, don't listen to your mommy." Alice narrows her eyes at him and he laughs.

Lindie crawls towards her toy box instead.

FP curls an arm around Alice's shoulder as they watch their daughter play with her toys. "How did we teach our kids to walk all those years ago? Because right now I'm starting to think it's impossible."

"We'll get her walking soon, baby." He kisses the side of her head and she leans her head on his shoulder.

"Can we bribe her?"

"You want to bribe our baby?"

"Well do you have a better plan?"

"Good point, lets bribe our baby."

They look for her favourite toy and hold it out to her, trying to get her to walk to them. She smiles and crawls over. Alice holds up the toy slightly, "stand up, honey." She tells her.

Lindie raises her hand, trying to grab the toy. After failing to grab it she starts crying. "Oh, no, don't cry sweetie. I'm sorry."

FP picks her up and hugs her close. "It's okay, baby. Mama was just playing a mean game." Alice swats his arm and he laughs. "I'm kidding."

She hands Lindie the toy and she calms down, laying her little head on FP's shoulder as she clutches the toy tightly, as if she's scared Alice will take it. "Great, I've scarred my daughter for life."

"Don't worry, one day she'll forgive you." FP teases. She sticks her tongue out at him and raises up on her tippy toes to press a kiss Lindie's head.

After several unsuccessful attempts to try and get Lindie to walk they give up for the day. FP comes up behind her in the kitchen and kisses her cheek. "I'm gonna have a quick shower and then I'll help you with dinner, okay?" She nods with a smile and turns her head to kiss him.

She hears the shower start and starts prepping dinner. She stands up on her tip toes to reach the top shelf of the cabinet and accidentally knocks down a box of cookies, spilling cookies all over the floor. She sees it and sighs but but decides she'll clean it up after she grabs what's she needs.

Lindie heard the noise from across the room and sees the cookies on the floor. She stands up and shakily walks over, falling on the way. Alice turns to see if she's okay and gasps when she sees her stand back up, walking toward the cookies. "Oh my God. You're walking!" She runs towards the bathroom bursts in, yanking back the shower curtain. FP jumps as soon as she does. "Al? Not that I don't love your company, especially in the shower, but what are you doing?"

"Lindie's walking! Get out here!" She informs him before rushing out of the bathroom back to their daughter.

He gets out of the shower as quick as he can, slipping on a pair of boxers, his hair still soapy as he runs into the other room where Alice is watching Lindie with a proud smile.

Lindie is walking around the living room with a cookie in each hand. "Oh my God, she's walking!"

"I told you!"

"How did you get her to do it?"

"I didn't, I just accidentally knocked the box of cookies out of the cupboard and she came walking over to grab them."

FP picks up a cookie and hands it to Alice. "Lindie, sweetie, look what mommy has. Come get the cookie." She smiles and walks over, holding a hand out to grab the cookie.

Alice hands her the cookie and lifts her up. "Good job, honey." Alice coos, cuddling her close. "She's growing up so fast."

"Too fast." FP agrees. Lindie points her hand towards FP, offering him a bite of her cookie, making both he and Alice smile at her cuteness.