Snakes Don't Shed Their Skin

(I got this idea from the spoilers for 2x17! This is what I envisioned going down between them in the episode.)

🐍

He helped calm her down when the police found the car in the river. Coming over and telling her everything would be just fine, ensuring her he wouldn't let anything happen to their children.

He settled her down at the school when she began to panic. Pulling her around a corner and up against a wall, his arm resting on the wall beside her head, and leaning in so close she could feel his breath fanning on her lips with every word. He had kissed her softly, keeping an ear out for their wandering children. And when he walked away she wanted nothing more than to pull him back to her and never let go.

So maybe that's why she's in her car driving to Sunnyside trailer park. A snake skin blouse covering her upper body, the top few buttons undone, leaving little to the imagination. Her hair tousled and her lips a blood red colour.

When she pulls up outside of his trailer she thinks for a moment that she should turn around, what if he rejects her? What if she misread everything that happened between them earlier? But he had kissed her, he initiated it, so maybe she was reading everything right.

She checks her appearance once more and then, with one last tousle of her hair, exits her car and starts up the stairs to his door.

She knocks and he answers almost right away.

He looks shocked when he lays eyes on her, she doesn't say a word, just stares at him seductively. She knows what she wants.

He smiles when she walks past, a laugh coming from his mouth that sounds almost out of disbelief.

He closes the door, locking it behind them, and turns to look at her. Taking in her entire look. Tight pants that show the curve of her body, a snake skin blouse that's unbuttoned at the top. He's drawn to her lips, the deep red lipstick catching his attention.

He takes a step towards her and she does the same. "I must say, I wasn't expecting this." He says as he crowns her hips with his hands.

"I hope it's okay?" She says, dancing her fingertips up his chest and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"More than okay." He leans down and catches her lips with his own. She tastes like wine, a very fine wine, a total contrast to when they were younger when she tasted like cheap tequila and faintly of cigarettes.

Lord he had missed her. She had missed him just the same.

Her hands push his flannel off of his shoulders, his t-shirt following immediately after. She runs her hands up his chest, her nails scratching the heated skin.

He pulls away long enough to undo the remaining buttons on her blouse, praising every new part of her body that is exposed to him. It's been over 20 years since he had seen her like this and he doesn't plan to put it to waste, neither does she.

When she undoes his belt and zipper he lifts her up, her legs instantly wrapping around his waist.

He lays her down on the bed and she pulls his face to hers, locking their lips together again.

He moves to kiss her jawline, then her neck, starting a deliciously slow trail down her body.

When he reaches just below her navel he unbuttons her pants and pulls them down her legs.

He takes a moment to just drink her in. Her red lipstick is smudged now, most of it transferred onto his own lips due to their relentless kissing.

As she lays before him his eye catches something on her hip; a snake tattoo. The ink faded but still there after all these years. He thought she would've gotten it removed.

He runs his thumb across the tattoo. "You still have it..."

"Of course I do." Her eyes sparkle as she speaks and she bites her bottom lip softly to stifle her smile.

He leans down and runs his tongue along the ink.

"I'm glad you didn't get rid of it." He says honestly, pressing his lips to the tattoo as she squirms with delight underneath his touch.

"Like you said... snakes don't shed their skin so easily."