Morning After (Post 2x17)

FP yawns as he comes out of a good, deep sleep. God, he hasn't slept that well in lord only knows how long. Especially since for the last little while he's been sleeping on a pull out couch with his son.

He's grateful to have his room back, grateful for the warmth he feels. But it's also strange. The trailer is cold due to a bad heating system and usually he wakes up with a chill. This morning he's feeling particularly warm and when he finally opens his eyes he knows exactly why.

The reason is right beside him, laying in the curve of his arm, sleeping peacefully. Alice Cooper had shown up sometime the day before and he smiles to himself as as he remembers all the events. Lord, he had missed her so much.

The curve of her body fits perfectly against his, and he moves to snuggle up to her, can't resist himself.

He turns onto his side and drapes an arm around her waist with his free hand, nuzzling his face into her hair. She smells like home.
She is home.

He runs his fingers down her arm with a feather light touch and presses a kiss to her shoulder. Leans over and presses a kiss to her temple, her cheek, the corner of her mouth and he hears her hum softly.

"Good morning." She whispers and he can practically hear the smile in her voice.

"Good morning." He says as he kisses her shoulder again. She turns over in his arms to face him and he smiles softly at her, she returns it and his heart flutters. This woman.

He moves so he's partly hovering over her, studying everything about her. Her blonde hair is messy and tangled but still beautiful. Her makeup is practically gone. There's a red mark on her collarbone that he knows she'll chastise him for later.

She's singlehandedly the most beautiful person he has ever seen, she was when they were teenagers and she is now.

She leans up and presses a soft kiss to his lips. He kisses her back, slow and gentle, both of them still coming out of their slumber.

When he pulls away he stares at her, at her beauty, runs a thumb across the dimple on her cheek and she smiles.

He runs his fingers up and down her arms, moving to run through her blonde locks. She shivers and he momentarily hears her teeth chatter.

"I forgot how cold these damn trailers can get." She says as she pulls the blankets farther up around them.

He laughs slightly and rolls over onto his back, pulling her close to him. She cuddles close to his side, placing her arms around him as he holds her tight in both of his.

She snuggles closer into his body, trying to soak up every bit of warmth he has to offer.

He just holds her close, revelling in the feeling of having her back in his arms.

"I missed this." He admits. "Waking up next to you."

"I did too." She admits as well. "I hate that we missed out on so much time." She says, and it's so soft that it breaks his heart a little.

"Hey," he places his finger underneath her chin and tilts her face up to him. He places a soft kiss to her lips and strokes her cheek. "We have the rest of our lives to make up for it, Alice." The smile that brightens her face warms his heart and she kisses him with a passion so strong he can't help but smile against her lips.

They have the rest of their lives, and this is only the beginning.

***

A/N
Yes I know the timeline is a little off because she showed up to his trailer in broad daylight and I also know that Betty and Jughead would probably have showed up at some point, but for story's sake let's just pretend Betty and Jughead are at a friends house and Falice spent the entire night together because I Love morning after Falice so much.
Also, this one was a little short but I hope you enjoyed anyway.