"I Promise"

A/N
{I got the idea for this one shot after seeing the promo for 2x16, so I linked the the promo at the top so you can kind of get a feel of what I'm imagining here if you want to!}

•••

Alice walked into the living room with a glass of wine in one hand and her cell phone in the other. She plopped down on the couch, Chic was sitting opposite from her on the chair and Betty was staying at Jughead's, much to Alice's disapproval. At least she still had one child who didn't want to leave her.

Her overwhelming fear of losing her daughter grew stronger when Betty had said she's living at Jughead's as long as Chic is living in her own house.

And while Alice doesn't want to lose Betty she doesn't want to lose her son either. Giving him up all those years ago was the hardest decision and biggest regret of her life, she doesn't want to lose him again. She just has to hope things will blow over on there own and Betty will move back home, Chic will stop making her feel uneasy and they can all live happily under the same roof again.

But until then she's forced to wait it out and hope for the best. So, with a sigh, she turns on the tv, groaning when she sees the 11 o'clock news flash across the screen. Usually Alice loved the news, she was a journalist after all and she needed to be well educated on the current events. But Hal sold the register, putting her out of a job so the news was now pointless if she can't write about it herself.

As she's about to change the channel her heart stops. There on the screen is a car being pulled out of the water, but not just any car. No, the mysterious, now dead, man's car. The car that Betty and Jughead his to protect her and her son. They found it. Chic's head turns so quickly and he meets her eyes with the same terrified expression.

He crouches down in front of the tv as some news reporter talks about finding the vehicle and she watches the tv screen in absolute horror.

She reaches for her phone and dials the only person she can think of. He picks up almost instantly.

"Alice?" He says as soon as he answers.

"They found it, FP." She blurts out.

"Found what?"

"The car! That mans car, the one Betty and Jughead pushed into the river? They found it."

"Are you sure? How do you know?"

"Turn on the news."

It's silent on the other end of the line as he turns on the TV and she cringes when she hears the news.

"Oh my god." He mumbles.

"What are we going to do? Betty and Jughead's fingerprints are all over that car, they're-"

"Alice, calm down." She takes a deep breath and lets it out with a sigh as he continues talking. "Are you alone?"

"My uh... my son's here." FP wouldn't know about Chic and he's bound to have questions but thankfully he doesn't ask, at least not yet. He just makes a sort of "huh" sound and then continues to talk.

"I'm coming over. Tell him to go upstairs and don't come down. And tell Betty, wherever she is, to not come home. It's better if she's not here right now." She agrees and hangs up the phone, instantly dialling Betty's phone number.