Wounded (Part 2)

Here's part two!

_

"Sir we need you to move out fo the way." The paramedic says to FP when they walk up to him and Alice.

"The ambulance is hear now baby. You're going to be alright. They're going to take you." He slowly lets go of his hold on her as the paramedic takes her into his arms.

Alice's hand clutches onto FP's. "Don't leave me." She croaks out.

"I'm not baby. I'm right here." She has an iron grip on his hand even as the paramedic lays her on a stretcher.

"We need her name." The paramedic tells FP.

"Alice. Alice Smith." He says, his eyes never leaving her.

He holds her hand as they walk her to the ambulance. "Sir we need you to let go so we can load her into the ambulance. You can meet us at the hospital." Alice eyes grow wide when she hears that.

"Don't make me leave her. Please?" FP pleads.

"Sir-"

"Don't you see how fucking terrified she is? This is my girlfriend and she got shot and I'm not leaving her alone. So you can either let me go with you or I'm driving her to the hospital myself." The paramedic looks between FP and Alice and down to their hands.

"Fine. But don't interfere with anything we are doing."

"I won't. Thank you." He says and the paramedic nods. "They're going to get you into the ambulance and I'll be right beside you again in a second." He tells her before letting her hand go, making sure she knows he'll be back.

They load her into the ambulance and FP follows in after her, immediately finding her hand and she latches on.

The paramedics talks to one another about what they need to do but FP doesn't pay attention, too focused on Alice and making sure she knows everything is going to be alright.

One paramedic places an oxygen mask onto her and then the two of them cut open her shirt to expose the wound.

FP looks down and sees it for the first time. It's bad, it's really bad but he just turns his attention back to her.

"Let us know immediately if her grip loosens." The paramedic says to FP and he nods. "Talk to her to make sure she stays awake."

He does as he's told, moving closer to her. "Hey baby, see I told you you'd be alright. They're going to get you all fixed up and you'll be good as new. You'll be able to go home and see Betty and you'll be able to hold your grand twins. You're going to-" he stops his sentence when her grip loosens. "Shit. No! No! Her grip!" He yells out. The paramedics spring into action.

They check her pulse, panicking as it slows. "She's going into Hypovolemic shock!" Her eyes start closing and FP starts talking to her again, trying to keep her awake.

"Remember what I said back there baby, don't close your eyes. I know it's hard right now but don't close your eyes." They're fluttering as he speaks, she's trying her hardest but it's nearly impossible. He can feel tears welling up in his eyes as he sees her struggling. "Keep them open baby, keep-"

"We're here!" The paramedics push open the ambulance doors and get Alice out of the back quickly.

He follows them in as far as they'll allow and then they stop him when they get to the surgery room. His hand slips from hers and her arm falls limply to her side as she disappears behind the doors.