Night Out

Requested by: Dancersj44

When they had their daughter they couldn't think of one possible downside

When they had their daughter they couldn't think of one possible downside. That is, until she started teething. They both forgot how hellish it was when a baby starts teething. Now she's not sleeping through the night, she wants to be held 24/7 and she's fussy all day, every day.

It's 3 A.M. when she wakes up and Alice groans as she buries her head into FP's side. "I got her, babe." He kisses her head and gets out of bed to go to Lindie's room.

The baby girl is screaming her head off when he walks into the room. He lifts her up into his arms and gives her a teething ring to chew on.

He sleepily sways with her until she calms down. He puts her back in the crib when she closes her eyes. He quietly leaves the room and walks back to he and Alice's bedroom.

She's fast asleep, half of her body stretched onto his side. He smiles and slides her over a bit, just enough to be able to lay beside her.

She curls up to him as soon as he lays down. "She asleep?"

"Yeah, poor kid, teeth are making her miserable."

"She'll be done teething soon... I hope."

They fall back asleep but 30 minutes later Lindie's cries wake them again. This time Alice goes. She sits down down with her daughter in her arms and feeds her, struggling to stay awake. She waits for Lindie to fall back asleep and then puts her back in her crib.

She goes back to her and FP's room and lays down beside him, falling asleep instantly. 10 minutes later Lindie is up again and this time both Alice and FP go to her.

FP picks her up and holds her close, Alice rubs her back to calm her. He tries to set her back in the crib when she calms down but she starts screaming again. He sighs and cuddles her close again, Alice's head drops to his shoulder with a sigh.

She looks at their baby girl, biting on FP's thumb to try and get some relief for her teething gums, looking up at Alice with tear filled eyes. "Let's just put her in our bed, baby."

"You think that will calm her down?"

"Well she loses it every time we put her in her crib, I think she just wants to be close to us so it's worth a try." He follows her back to their bedroom and closes their door so the sound of Lindie's crying doesn't wake Betty or Jughead.

Alice lays down in their bed and FP lays Lindie down beside her. She starts crying as soon as he sets her down. He gets into bed as Alice tries to soothe her but as soon as he lays down Lindie crawls over so she's laying on FP's chest. Her crying stops instantly and Alice and FP smile at each other. "Guess she just wants her daddy." Alice comments, moving closer and booking her arm over both FP and their daughter, rubbing the baby's back as she drifts off to sleep.