Vacation

Requested by: nikidosp

_

"Alice, baby, come on!" FP calls from downstairs.

"I'm coming, hold your horses mister."

"We're going to miss our flight if you don't come down here soon." As if on cue she comes downstairs, she's got on a floral print wrap dress, a big floppy sunhat and sunglasses, he can't help but laugh a little.

"What do you think baby?" She asks, posing on the stairs and making him laugh. "Do I look Hawaii ready?"

"Definitely, but you do know we have a long plane ride ahead of us, you going to be comfortable?"

"My comfort is the least of my worries, I just want to get away from here," she says, walking down the stairs and over to him. "finally have some time to ourselves without the kids around."

"You read my mind." He dips down to kiss her softly until the sound of Betty purposefully clearing her throat interrupts them.

"Hate to break up this lovefest but your flight leaves soon and if you want to be on it you might want to get going."

"Right," Alice reaches her arms out to wrap around her daughter and kisses her cheek. "you two have fun." She tells her, looking over to Jughead standing beside Betty. "But not too much fun."

"Same with you two." Betty says.

"Yeah be careful, we don't need any babies waddling around here." Jughead adds making the adults laugh.

"And I don't want anymore grandchildren waddling around here for a while so you two better be careful as well."

"Ew mom just go." Betty says, practically shoving them towards the door.

FP laughs as he picks up their suitcases. "Try not to burn the house down while we're gone, and if you throw a party clean it up so we don't have to, if you need anything call Fred, and-"

"Dad you've told us this a million times, we'll be fine. Now go."

_

"It feels so nice to be getting away just the two of us." Alice says as she and FP sit down in their plane seats.

"Well we almost didn't make it so I'd say it's a miracle we're even getting away." FP says. "But yes, it's nice to get away just the two of us. I can't wait to do absolutely nothing for a week."

"Well, not absolutely nothing." Alice adds, raising an eyebrow at him suggestively.

"Don't get any ideas there Smith, the plane hasn't even taken off yet, it's a little soon to be joining the mile high club."

"I wasn't even thinking that but now that you've mentioned it..." She trails off, just letting the thought rest on his mind.

"You're going to get us kicked off this plane before it even takes off."

The seatbelt sign comes on and Alice reaches for FP's hand, always hating the take off part of flying. She grips onto his hand tightly and he strokes her skin with his thumb to keep her calm.

After they're in the sky and en route to Hawaii he peeks over at her, her eyes are squeezed shut and she's gripping his hand for dear life. "Al, it's okay we're in the air now." He tells her, laughing a little as one of her eyes peaks open just to make sure everything really is okay.

"I don't like that part."

"I realized." She leans her head on his shoulder and entwines her fingers with his.

"I love you." She whispers. "Thank you for this trip."

"I love you too." He kisses the top of her head and looks down to see she's falling asleep on his shoulder. He can't help but smile at that. He leans his head against hers and drifts off to sleep himself.

_

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful here!" Alice exclaims as they walk into their hotel. "Can we move here?"

He laughs. "Without the kids?"

"They can come visit."

"Why don't we start out with a vacation before moving here, huh?" He takes her hand and leads her to the front desk. "Hi, Jones, party of two." He greets.

The receptionist woman checks them in and hands them the key cards to their room. "Your room is all ready, here's your key cards, you can head on up." The woman says with a smile and then they're off.

The room is beautiful and a part of them wants to just stay in there for the whole trip.

"I think this might be the comfiest bed I've ever laid on." Alice says as she flops down on the bed. "And that might be the most gorgeous view I've ever seen." She points towards the big window in front of bed that has a perfect view of the ocean and the beautiful greenery of Hawaii.

"I think I've got the most gorgeous view of them all." He says, smiling over at her. She smiles back at him and curls her finger towards him, beckoning him over. He walks over to the bed and crawls up it so he's laying beside her. "That is a nice view." He comments as he looks out the window.

"See? I told you." She rolls over to lay on top of him and leans down to kiss him. "This whole place is gorgeous."

"You're gorgeous too." He tells her, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

She kisses him again and smiles against his lips. "What do you say? Should we hit the beach?"

"I think we should." He agrees.

They change into their bathing suits and then walk to the beach hand in hand. She strips off the cover up she had thrown on before leaving the hotel room and he looks at her in awe. She's got a little yellow bikini on and it's already driving him wild.

"Enjoying the view Jones?" She questions, smirking as she feels his eyes on her.

"Always." He wraps his arms around her middle and presses a kiss to her cheek.

She leaves him to run towards the water, calling him over with a curl of her finger when she's waist deep. He laughs and follows her in.

When he makes it to her she puckers her lips for him to kiss but right as he's about to she splashes him. "You're dead meat Smith." He laughs, chasing after her as she runs through the water.

She splashes him over and over again, him getting her a few times as well until he manages to get close enough to catch her in his arms. "Caught you." He comments.

"You did indeed." She wraps her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. His hands come to rest on her butt, for stability and, well, it's just one of his favourite places to put his hands. "I love you."

"I love you too." He says, right before her lips cover his own in a long, slow kiss.

It's going to be one fun week.