Married Life

They've been married for a little over a week now. They stayed in a hotel after their wedding and then left for their honeymoon the next day. So it's their first morning as a married couple in their house and FP wants to make it a little special.

He gets out of bed, careful not to wake her, and presses a kiss to her forehead before heading downstairs.

He starts up the coffee machine. When they came home last night they just dropped their suitcases in the laundry room so he figures doing a load of laundry is a good idea.

He throws all the whites into the machine and turns it on before heading back to the kitchen. He decides to make her breakfast in bed and pulls out the pancake mix. He's not exactly skilled in the cooking area but for her he's willing to try.

It backfires though as he keeps the heat up too high and the pancakes burn, setting off the fire alarm.

Alice comes rushing downstairs a few moments later and sees him standing on a chair trying to turn off the alarm. "What happened?" She questions, waving away the smoke in the air.

"I was going to make you breakfast in bed but I burnt the pancakes." He blushes and steps off the chair once he successfully turns the alarm off.

"Aw, you were going to make me breakfast in bed?" He nods. "I love you." She wraps her arms around his middle and kisses him softly.

"I love you more." He looks her up and down and smiles at what she's wearing. She's got on a pair of his boxers and one of his sweaters. "Look pretty hot in my clothes, babe."

"Your sweaters are warmer than mine, plus they smell like you so it's a bonus." She kisses him again. "I smell coffee."

"Yeah that's the one thing I actually can make." He takes her hand and walks over to the counter where he prepared a cup of coffee for her, just the way she likes it. "I was going to bring it up to you but I burnt the rest of your breakfast so."

"It's okay, it's the thought that counts, babe." She takes a sip of her coffee and walks into the living room, gesturing for him to follow her.

She curls into his side when he sits down and he runs his hands up and down her legs. "I love waking up next to you every morning."

"Babe, we've been living together for three years."

"I know but now you're my wife, so it's like even better."

She giggles and kisses his cheek. "You're a dork."

"But I'm your dork." He winks at her.

They drink their coffee and just bask in each other's presence until the buzzer on the washer goes off. "Did you do laundry?" She questions.

"Yeah, that way we could just relax all day."

"No that means you saw my underwear!" Her cheeks flush embarrassedly and he laughs.

"Honey, I've seen you naked, I don't think seeing your underwear is that big of a deal."

She smiles and buries her head in his shoulder. "I know but still."

He kisses her forehead and she pulls her legs off his lap so he can get up.

"Uh, Al?" He calls from the laundry room. "Can you come here for a moment?"

She walks to the laundry room and sees him standing by the washing machine with a nervous expression. "What's up?"

"I messed up."

"What do you mean?" She walks over to him and sees what he's looking at.

"Well I guess there was a red sock mixed up in our clothes and uh... well, I hope you like pink." He pulls out a few pieces of clothing from the machine and shows her.

She laughs. "Oh no! We're gonna look like marshmallow peeps."

"Aw, babe I'm sorry, I just wanted to help out. I didn't realize there was a red sock in there."

"It's okay, don't worry. I'll just put some bleach in there and it should hopefully bring them back to white." She pulls out the red sock and reaches for the bleach.

"So you're not mad?"

"No, of course not. It was an accident." She starts up the washing machine again and wraps her arms around him. "Besides, you're my husband and I love you, how can I be mad at you when you're so sweet?" She kisses him and he smiles against her lips.

"I'm sure you'll find something to get mad at me for eventually."

"Well, right now, I want to do something a little more fun." She raises an eyebrow at him and he lifts her up, getting the hint.

"Mmm, I like the sound of that."

_____
A/N
Inspired by a few prompts from love-me-a-good-prompt on tumblr! (Also inspired by a scene from Friends.)