Road Trip

Requested by: clementine526

The kids were having a bit of a tough time adjusting to the fact that their parents are together so FP and Alice decided it'd be fun to go on a road trip and that maybe, just maybe, it would make it easier on the kids when they see that this is real

They drive in peace for a little bit, the radio playing quietly in the background. Betty pokes her head up between the two adults and reaches for the radio, changing the station.

"Perfect!" Betty exclaims as she turns up the radio before sinking back into her seat.

Alice looks confused for a second before  she realizes the song and starts singing along with Betty.

Let me take you on an escapade (let's go)

"Escapade" Betty sings.

"We'll have a good time" Alice sings back.

FP turns to Jughead in the backseat and gives him a look, Jughead just shrugs and laughs as Alice and Betty sing away.

"Come on baby, sing!" Alice says to FP.

"No way." He says.

"Come on babe, it's just the four of us! Please?"

"Nope."

"You were in a band and you won't even sing a little bit now?"

"I dropped the whole band thing in case you forgot."

"You're no fun." She teases with a smile. "Jughead, will you at least sing with us?" Alice asks, smiling back at him.

"I-" he starts, trying to think of an excuse to get out of it.

"Come on Juggie!" Betty says, tugging on her boyfriend's sleeve. Jughead starts singling along, quietly, but it makes both Alice and FP smile.

FP looks over to her, smiling and she sticks her tongue out at him, he just laughs and shakes his head as the three of them sing along to the song.

The next song to come on is Waterfalls by TLC and FP smiles as he turns it up. He drums his fingers on the steering wheel as it plays and Alice smiles over at him, resting her feet up on the dashboard.

"Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that your used to." Alice, Betty and Jughead sing along to the song.

"I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all but I think your moving to fast."  FP joins in and Alice sits up excitedly with a huge smile on her face.

"That's it baby! Finally you're going in on the fun!"

"It's kind of hard not to." He chuckles.

"So you'll sing TLC but you won't sing Janet Jackson?"

"What can I say, I've always had a soft spot for TLC."

"You think you still know the rap?" She questions with a raise of her eyebrow.

"You underestimate me woman... of course I do. We spent hours listening to the song trying to figure it out, you don't forget something like that."

"Take it away." She says as the song comes close to the rap part.

"Uh, come on!" FP starts and Alice can't even hold in her laugh for a second. "I seen a rainbow yesterday but too many storms have come and gone leaving a trace of not one God given ray
Is it because my life is ten shades of grey?
I pray all ten fade away seldom praisin' for another day."

"Join in baby!" He yells over the music. Alice laughs but joins in.

"You claim the insane
And name this day in time
For fallin prey to crime
I say the system got you victim to your own mind
Dreams are hopeless aspirations
In hopes of comin' true
Believe in yourself
The rest is up to me and you
Don't go chasing waterfalls." FP and Alice break into a fit of laughter when they finish and they turn to see their two stunned children staring at them from the backseat.

"You guys can rap?" Betty asks, shocked at the revelation.

"Well just that song." FP explains.

"Oh give yourself more credit than that, you should hear him do Ice, Ice Baby." Alice says.

"I do nail that one." FP says in agreement.

They all just chat and sing the rest of the way and soon the kids are passed out in the backseat and it's just FP and Alice awake, the radio still playing faintly in the background.

The song changes and when they hear the first few chords they turn to each other and smile. "It's our song." She says as she turns it up. Their song from high school, "Everything I Do (I do it for you)" by Bryan Adams. It was always their favourite, it was an unspoken rule that they would just have to dance every time it came on.

"Look into my eyes
You will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart
Search your soul
And when you find me there, you'll search no more"

They sing together and one of hands comes to hold hers.

"Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you."

Her head comes to rest upon his shoulder as he drives and they sing along to the rest of the song. Little did they know that Betty and Jughead were awake the whole time, watching them with a smile. It may be awkward but they can see how much their parents love each other and who are they to get in the way of that. It's going to take some getting used to but they know it'll all work out for the best and everyone will be with who they're meant to in the end.