Post-Breakup

Day 4 of #FaliceAuWeek2019

___

He really can't believe it. He has Alice back in his life. Normally he'd wake up and realize that it was all a dream and that she's not actually there but that not the case this time. She's really there, curled up against his side, fingertips tracing against his chest. His own fingers card through her hair, never wanting to stop touching her now that he gets to do it again.

"What are you thinking about?" Alice questions.

"Everything."

She pulls away from his side to lean up on her elbows, looking at him with a raises eyebrow. "No specifics?"

"You." He admits.

"Me?" She smiles and scoots closer, leaning on his chest and running her hand through his hair. He nods. "What about me, exactly?"

"Just that I can't believe you're actually here, never thought I'd get to be with you like this again."

"Naked, you mean?" 

"No. Well, I mean, that's a really nice part of it," she fondly rolls her eyes. "But Al, it's so much more than just that."

"So it's not just the sex?"

"You've always been a hell of a lot more to me than just sex. The sex is great, that's never changed but I'd be perfectly content just sitting with you while you fold laundry, just being with you is like a dream that I never want to wake up from."

"The years have really softened you, huh Jonesy?" She smiles at him and lays her head on his chest. "It is nice though, you're right. I never realized how much I was missing out on in my marriage. I forgot how fun and great relationships can be."

His stomach flutters when she says that. She considers them in a relationship. She's never so open about her feelings and he knows she'd be all embarrassed if she realized what she said. So he presses a kiss to her forehead and decides not to bring it up.

He's content with the fact that Alice considers them in a relationship, he's wanted nothing more than a relationship with her for years. He's been in love with her since they were just dumb teenagers.

Maybe, now that they're older, things will work out in their favour.