Mother's Day

"Chic, can you come here for a second buddy?" FP calls from the dining room table.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to write something for mommy for Mother's Day?"

"Yes!" Chic says excitedly and FP pulls him into his lap.

"You can write yours right here." FP says, pointing to the blank side of the card.

He helps Chic spell what he wants to write and then smiles as he runs out of the room and comes back with a box of crayons to draw a picture.

The next morning when he wakes up he sees Alice sleeping soundly beside him, wrapped up in arms. He looks at the clock and then slowly moves out of her embrace, kissing her forehead before sliding out of bed.

He changes into a t-shirt and jeans and then walks out of the bedroom and down the hall to get Chic. He gets Chic dressed and then they head to the store to buy some flowers for Alice.

"Alright what ones do you want to get for mommy?" FP buys her roses and Chic picks out pink tulips.

"Mommy's favourite colour is pink!" He excitedly tells FP.

"She's going to love them buddy."

They make her breakfast in bed when they get home and FP sets the tray on the dresser. He motions to Chic to stay quiet for a second. He walks over to Alice's side of the bed and smiles when he looks at her, she's beautiful even in her slumber. He kisses her cheek softly and strokes her hair, whispering. "Wake up baby."

Her eyes flutter open and she smiles when she sees him. "Happy Mother's Day gorgeous." He says, placing the bouquet of roses on her chest before dipping down to kiss her softly.

"They're beautiful, thank you." She says, bringing the flowers up to her nose to smell them.

She sits up in bed and Chic runs over to her. "Happy Mother's Day mommy." He says as he throws his arms around her. She hugs him back and kisses his cheeks. "Here." He says, handing her the tulips he picked out for her.

"Thank you honey, they're so pretty."

"They're your favourite colour!" He says excitedly.

"They are! I love them." She says, kissing his cheek as she hugs him again.

"There's more." FP says with a smirk.

"More?" Alice says, intrigued.

"Mhm." He walks over to the dresser and turns around with a tray full of assorted breakfast.

"Breakfast in bed too? I could get used to this." She says with a grin as FP sets the tray on her lap.

"Only the best for my love." He says and they share a smile, "God she's stunning" he thinks.

Chic curls up next to her and she hands him a grape which he gladly takes. "Are you eating mommy's breakfast boy?" FP teases as he gets in bed beside the two of them.

"No." Chic says as Alice laughs, handing him another grape.

"Hey I made this breakfast, don't I get anything?" He teases with a grin. She reaches over and pops a grape in his mouth. "Delicious. I have another surprise for you." He tells her.

"Oh yeah? What is it?"

"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you... and I can't give it to you in front of the child."

"Ohhhh it's that kind of gift." She says with a naughty smirk. "I can't wait."

"Mommy read your card!" Chic says excitedly, pointing to the pink envelope on the tray. She reaches for it, opening it up, smiling instantly upon seeing what's inside.

"Happy Mother's Day Mommy.
I love you. Love Chic." Written in big letters along with a drawing underneath of what she assumes to be her and Chic.

On the other side of the card is FP's message.
"Happy Mother's Day my love.
You've made me the happiest man on earth and I only hope that I can make this day as special as possible for you.
You're the mother of my child and the love of my life.
I love you. Happy Mother's Day beautiful.
-FP"

"I love you both so much." She says, not able to wipe the smirk off her face.

"I love you mommy." Chic says, throwing his arms around her again.

She moves the tray so it's at the end of the bed and pulls Chic closer, gesturing for FP to join in on the hug. He does and wraps his arms around the two of them.

"Are you having a good day mommy?" Chic asks.

"The best day." She says, smiling at the two men she loves most.