Baby (3)

FP drives like a mad man as he races to get them to the hospital. "Honey," Alice starts. "you can slow down a bit."

"But I don't want you to be in pain."

"I'm not, baby. She's coming slowly, it's more uncomfortable than painful right now." He nods and slows down a bit.

He smiles widely and Alice notices. "What are you thinking about there, baby?" She asks him, setting her hand on his thigh as he drives.

"The fact that in a few hours our baby girl will be here." She smiles at that answer. "God, I can't wait to meet her, Al."

"Me either." She smiles as she feels their baby moving around in her stomach. "She's moving a lot, she must be excited to come out."

"I'm excited for her to come out too!"

____________

The doctors bring her to a room as soon as they get there. The doctor gives her a hospital gown to put on and then leaves the room. FP sits on her hospital bed as she changes.

She strips down to her undergarments and just as she's about to slip on the hospital gown FP stops her. "Wait!"

"What?" She wonders. He drops to his knees in front of her. She looks down at him, confused, and he places his hands on her stomach, placing kisses all over her bump.

"I just wanted another look at the bump before she comes out."

She smiles at him and runs her fingers through his hair. "I love you, you know that right?"

"I know," he says with a grin, standing up from the floor. "but I love you more." He kisses her before she can protest. "Now, lets get that hospital gown on you so we can relax as we wait for her arrival." She laughs and he rubs her stomach.

He helps her into her hospital bed and pulls up a chair beside it, reaching for her hand and running his thumb along her knuckles.

"You can come up in here with me you know, sit beside me." She tells him.

"Are you sure? I don't want to crowd you and make you uncomfortable."

"I'm okay right now, baby. Who knows, maybe this labor won't be so bad, it's pretty easy so far."
____________

She spoke way too soon.

"Oh my God, get this child out of me!" She screams.

"I'm sorry, Alice, you're only 5 centimetres, I'm afraid it's still going to be a while."

"You have got to be kidding me!" She sighs, her head thumping back onto the pillow as a tear runs down her cheek. "Damnit." She hisses as another contraction starts.

"It's okay, baby, just breathe." FP tries to soothe her through it, rubbing her back.

"This is all your fault!" She yells at him. He stares at her, dumbfounded. "You got me pregnant!"

"Alice, honey, we decided to have another baby together." He reminds her, quickly realizing it was the wrong thing to say as she turns her head and glares at him. He stands up. "I'm going to go get you some ice chips."

"I think that'd be best."

He presses a quick kiss to her head and then rushes out of the room. He pulls out his phone as he walks to get Alice some ice chips. He sees he has a bunch of missed calls and texts from the kids. He dials Betty's phone number and waits for her to pick up. "FP! Finally, where are you two?"