Kicking

This is inspired by a prompt from imaginesmultifandom on tumblr! They made a post full of cute prompts and I just could resist!

"Mommy can I snuggle with you and baby?" Lindie questions, toddling over to her while rubbing her eyes.

"Sure, baby girl." Alice sets aside the book she was reading in order to indulge her two year old. "You tired, sweetheart?" She nods as she curls herself up on Alice's lap.

"Baby?" She questions as she places her hand on Alice's bump.

"Yeah, that's where the baby is. Your baby brother."

"Brother!" She squeals happily, pressing a kiss to her stomach.

"Woah." Alice feels a jolt in her belly and Lindie yanks her hand back.

"Ouchie mama!"

"Sorry honey, I think your brother just kicked." She rubs her hand over her stomach, feeling the baby nudge hard against her fingertips. She looks towards the clock and sees that FP should be home any minute now, she can't wait to tell him the newest development in their son's life.

"He kicked you?" The little girl's eyes grow wide. "That's not very nice, brother!"

Alice laughs. "No honey, it's okay, he's not being mean, he's just doing tricks in my belly."

"Tricks like me and Jelly?"

"Yeah baby, tricks like you and Jelly, he's doing flips." She and FP had enrolled the girls in a gymnastic's class a couple months ago and she watches Lindie's eyes light up at the mention of him doing flips.

"That's so cool mommy! Can I feel again?" The toddler beams.

"Sure you can, give me your hand." She moves her hand where the baby boy is and smiles as Lindie giggles at the feel of him kicking.

The front door opens and the sound of FP's voice fills the house. "We're home!" He announces and she looks over to see him standing by the door with Jellybean in his arms.

"Hi honey!" Alice smiles in his direction.

"Hi mama!" Jellybean calls, wiggling in FP's arms to be put down so she can run to Alice.

"Hi there sweetheart, you have a good day at school?" The 4 year old started Kindergarten in the fall and Alice misses her immensely throughout the day.

"It was so fun mama, we painted pictures!"

"You did? What did you paint?"

"A flower and a snake!" She tells her proudly. "The snake 'cause you and daddy were snakes and the flower because flowers are pretty and I like them!"