Lazy Sunday

It's been a long week

It's been a long week. Betty and Jughead are away for the weekend with their friends, leaving Alice, FP and Linder to have a, hopefully, peaceful and stress free weekend.

Lindie, however, has other plans.

The two year old wants all of her parents attention and refuses to let them relax.

It starts early Saturday morning when the toddler comes barreling into her parent's room, pulling herself up into the bed.

She gets up and stares at her parents who are snuggled up and sleeping peacefully. She crawls further up the bed and onto FP's stomach. "Daddy." She whispers. "Daddy, wake up!"

FP slowly opens his eyes, his eyebrows crinkling in confusion when he sees his daughter. "How did you get out of your crib?"

"I climbed!"

His eyes grow wide. "You climbed?"

Alice hears the two of them talking and rolls over to look at them.

"Hi mommy!" Lindie greets.

"Hi baby girl," she looks to FP. "when did you go and get her? I didn't hear you get up."

"I didn't, she climbed out. She's a crib buster."

"Well I guess we're going to have to lower the crib bed so she can't go climbing out." She looks back at their daughter. "You hear that, you? No more climbing out of your crib!"

"Okay, mommy, I won't. I just wanted to come see you and daddy."

"Well how can I even be mad at that little face?" She leans up to press a kiss to Lindie's cheek and then yawns. "What time is it anyway?"

FP turns to look at the clock and groans. "Oh my God, it's 5:30 in the morning!"

"Really?" Alice picks up Lindie and sets her between her and FP. "Alright, it's nap time, honey. Close your eyes and sleep a little longer."

"But mommy! I'm not tired!" Lindie whines.

"It's still nighttime, baby. Just try." FP tells her, kissing her head.

"Okay. I'll try." She pecks a kiss on both of her parents cheeks and snuggles up against Alice.

They're in and out of sleep for the next 30 minutes as Lindie keeps wiggling around and talking and singing to herself.