Money, Money, Money

Alice sighs from the back bedroom in the trailer and walks out into the main part with the notice of their late rent in her hands. "FP!" She calls as she walks into the living area.

"Yeah?" He answers, not peering up from the book he's reading.

"Our rent is late. Why didn't you pay it?" She accuses. Money is tight and it takes a toll on the young couple desperately trying to make ends meet. They're both incredibly hard-headed and butt heads often so when one of them brings up the topic of money it usually causes some sort of argument.

"You said you were going to pay it?" He accuses.

"No, you told me you were going to pay it last week before you went to work."

"You told me the same thing!"

"Well what the hell are we supposed to do now? We've already spent almost all of the money we had saved for this month!" She exclaims, glaring at him.

"Not my fault we need to spend money to survive Alice."

"Maybe if you had of paid the rent when you said you were going to we wouldn't be having this problem!"

"Oh so it's my fault? Why is it never your fault when something goes wrong huh?" He questions, standing up from the couch angrily. "You're always blaming me!"

"That's because it's usually your fault!"

"Oh yes, I forgot, Alice Smith never makes a single mistake. She's perfect."

"Oh please, you just can't handle the fact that you messed up!"

"And you can't even open your mind the possibility that it was you who screwed up, not me!" She just crosses her arms over her chest and glares at him. "Whatever." He says in a huff as he grabs his jacket.

She rolls her eyes as she watches him. "Are you really leaving right now?"

"Damn right." She doesn't say another word, just walks into the other room, cringing when she hears the door slam.

He returns a few hours later, being extra cautious to be quiet so he doesn't wake her if she's asleep. He opens the bedroom door and sees her sitting on the bed reading.

"I thought you'd be asleep." He says softly.

"I can't sleep without knowing where you are and that you're alright." She explains with a shrug, leaning over to place her book on the nightstand.

He sits down on the bed, setting her feet in his lap and stroking his fingers up and down her legs. "I'm sorry Al." He sighs.

"I know... I am too." She moves so she's straddling his lap and he places his hands on her hips. "You have to stop leaving every time we have a fight. I never know where you're going or what you're going to do or if you're even going to come back and it scares the hell out of me."

He gives her a sad look and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. "I know, I just hate fighting with you Alice. It's easier to just leave rather than fight with you."

"I'm just afraid you're going to leave me one of these times." She says, letting her head fall down so she doesn't have to meet his eyes.

He places his finger under her chin and tilts her head up to meet his eyes. "Hey, I'm not going to leave you." He promises. "We might piss each other off but God, I love you so much and there's no one I'd rather have piss me off for the rest of my life."

She laughs and his heart warms at the smile on her face. "I love you." She whispers, taking his face in her hands and kissing him softly.

"I take it you're not mad at me anymore?" He questions, smiling against her lips.

"You really know how to ruin the moment don't you?" She says annoyedly but she doesn't stay annoyed for long. "But to answer your question," she kisses him again. "no, I'm not mad at you anymore. Now shut up and kiss me before I change my mind."

He's all too happy to comply and he kisses her with everything he has in him.