Teething

"Your turn." Alice mumbles. She had been up with the teething toddler just hours before. FP yawns, rubbing his eyes as he gets out of bed.

He walks down the hall to their son's room, listening to the boy cry for his parents. He picks him up out of the crib, hugging his young son as he tries his best to soothe him.

He tries swaying like Alice always does, even tries singing quietly to him, Alice is the baby whisperer clearly. Or Chic is just a mama's boy, not that FP blames him.

He grabs a teething ring and gives it to the crying toddler, hoping it will help relieve some of the pain.

Ten minutes later Chic is still crying and Alice slowly gets out of bed to try and help soothe their son.

She leans against the doorway, watching with a soft smile as FP cradles their son in his arms. "Shhh, calm down baby boy," FP whispers gently as Chic wails in his arms. "we don't want to wake up mommy."

Alice walks up behind them, placing her hand on FP's back. He turns to her with a soft smile. "Sorry honey, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's okay." She says, smiling at him, her eyes drifting down to their son as it turns into a frown. "Poor baby."

FP shifts Chic so he's cuddled in closer to his chest. Chic takes his little hand and wraps it around FP's, sucking on FP's thumb, choosing that over the teething ring. Not that FP minds if it helps with the pain. 

Alice brushes back Chic's hair and kisses his forehead. "I tried swaying with him, I tried singing to him, nothing worked. It only works when you do it." FP says, laughing softly.

"You're doing great baby." She says, because honestly, he is. She can't imagine anyone being a better father to her child. Of course he had his doubts when she told him she was pregnant but the minute he held their son in his arms he fell in love for the second time, the first being when he laid eyes on Alice. But this was new kind of love and he vowed to himself that he'd do whatever he could to be the best father he could be. "Try swaying with him again, it helps him fall asleep." She says, placing her hands on hips to help guide his motions.

Alice rubs Chic's back as FP sways with him and she rests her head on his shoulder as they both try to get their son to sleep.

Another five minutes and Chic is finally asleep. FP and Alice share a cautious look, hoping this time he stays asleep since they're both exhausted and they know he is too.

FP lowers him back down into his crib as carefully as possible so not to wake him again.

He kisses his forehead and turns to Alice with a sigh of relief. She laughs softly and steps into his embrace, feels his arms wrap around her as she leans her head into his chest.

He kisses her forehead and she leans up to press her lips to his, kissing him tenderly. Then she takes his hand, turns off Chic's light and walks down the hall, FP in tow.

He gets into their bed and gestures for her to come to him. She gets into bed beside him and tucks into his side as he pulls the blankets over them. She lays her head on his chest as his fingers run through her hair.

"I don't think I could do any of this without you." She says quietly.

"Ditto." He cocks his head enough to be able to see her. "I love you." She smiles at that and her nose scrunches up, his heart swells at the adorable sight of her.

"I love you too." She says, leaning up to kiss him before laying her head back on his chest, falling asleep to the beat of his heart.

A/N
A little domestic Falice for you.
(Sorry it's a little short.)