Letting Go

If you haven't already go back and read my previous one shots so you know who Lindie is. (Check out: Baby, Baby & Adjusting)

Requested by: feelingsqueenn

_

Alice hears the school bus pull up outside and a minute later the front door swings open. "Hi honey, how was school?" Alice asks from the kitchen where she's making a snack.

"Amazing." Lindie answers as she sits down at the kitchen island.

"Amazing huh? That's rare coming from you." Unlike Betty and Polly, Lindie has never been a huge fan of school, and now that she's in ninth grade with a bigger work load she's really not enjoying it.

"I had a particularly good day."

"Yeah?" Alice questions, placing the snack in front of her daughter and then propping her head up on her hands to listen. "What made it so good?"

"Well there's this guy... Toby."

"Ooo!" Alice squeals.

Betty was never too talkative when it came to the boys she had crushes on, Polly would talk to her about them often, so she's especially happy Lindie is willing to talk to her about this stuff.

Maybe it's because she spends so much one on one time with her since all the other kids are gone. Whatever the reason she's happy. "Tell me more." She says with a smile.

"Well he's in two of my classes, math and science, he's my lab partner." She explains with a smile. "We've been talking for a while but today he asked me if I wanted to go to the bijou with him on Friday." She blushes as she tells her mom.

"Well I hope you said yes!"

"Of course I did!" Lindie exclaims as if it's an obvious answer. "I'm able to go right? Like you and dad don't have some crazy rule about me dating?"

"Well I don't," Alice tells her. "your dad however may have a tougher time with it."

Lindie pouts at that. "You think?"

"Well when you were a baby he said you're not allowed to date until you're 42."

"So the cliché dad thing to say?"

"Exactly." Alice confirms.

"Any chance you want to tell him for me? Break the news to him, preferably while I'm asleep?"