Letter

Requested by: Aislynn39
"Maybe you could do something with the card he had in his hand when he went to see Alice."

He felt terrible for rejecting her in Pop's but he had remembered her saying that tonight was opening night.

He knows he won't be able to have full conversation with her before the show but he'll probably be able to catch her for a moment.

He never has been good with speaking his feelings so he decides to sit down and write a letter. He's worse at writing but it'll be easier to write down everything he wants to say rather than try and speak it.

So he sits down with a pen and paper and hunkers down, determined to write everything he has to say to her.

It's about two hours later when he finally finishes the letter, he had started over multiple times until he finally got it just right.

He slips the letter inside an envelope and scribbles her name onto it. He looks at the clock and sees that it's almost showtime so he walks off to his bedroom and looks through his closet.

He picks out a black button up shirt and he reaches for his Serpent jacket, but he stops before he puts it on. He's going to be heading to the Northside, he doesn't need to listen to the complaints of everyone over there when they see his jacket.

He shuffled through his closet, finds a more suitable jacket for the occasion, and then he's on his way.

When he walks into the auditorium he has the letter for her in his hands. He looks around for a moment before spotting her.

He watches her walk out from behind the curtain and he starts walking over there but he freezes dead in his tracks when she calls for Hal.

He walks up with that fake, pearly white smile of his and he watches as he takes her hand. The sight breaks him and he turns around without another glance in her direction.

He thought he'd come here and apologize, hopefully make it up to her somehow for blowing her off, but he hadn't thought he'd see her with Hal.

He's about to walk out the door when he remembers the letter in his hands. He sighs, thinks about throwing it away, but he'll be damned if he lets her go again without trying.

And if he just ends up embarrassing himself and she stays with Hal then that's that, but he's at least going to try.

He walks backstage, walks down the hall praying he doesn't run into Jughead. He comes to a door that has her name on it. He knocks just to make sure he's not walking in on her and when no one answers he looks around once more before slipping inside.

He doesn't know what to do with the letter, he could put it on the vanity but then she'd probably read it before she went on stage and he doesn't want to be reason she's distracted.

He sees her coat and purse in the corner and he decides that's where he'll put it. He picks up her purse, unzips it and places the letter inside. He sets the purse down and walks out the door before he can regret anything.

When Alice walks off stage after the play she changes back into her regular clothes, happy to be out of the long nightgown.

She wishes FP had come by some miracle. She may be pissed at him but she loves him.

She reaches for her purse to retrieve her lipstick but when she opens it she sees a letter inside. Her heart stops for a moment, terrified that it's from the Black Hood.