Sniffles

Requested by: NA1970

_

When the alarm goes off FP stretches out an arm to turning, laughing a little when he hears Alice groan beside him. "Morning, baby." He whispers, his voice gruff from sleep.

"I don't want to get up," she whines. "ten more minutes." She pleads, burying her head underneath her pillow.

"You always say that and it becomes way more than ten minutes." FP points out with a soft chuckle.

Alice lifts her head from underneath her pillow and moves closer to him, cuddling in close to his side and laying her head on his chest. He can't help but notice how hot her forehead feels against his skin.

"My head hurts." She groans, snuggling into him more as she starts drifting back to sleep. He lifts his hand to her forehead and feels how it is. "You're burning up, baby." He tells her with a pout, he knows how much she hates being sick.

"Please tell me you're playing some cruel joke on me."

"Nope, you've got a fever, you're sick honey. Which would explain why your head hurts all of a sudden."

"I have to go to the Register though, we've got a big issue coming out, they need me there." He laughs a little at how she insists on going to work even while running a fever.

"They can survive without you for a few days." He tells her and she pouts. "Give me puppy dog eyes all you want but you're not leaving this house."

"Fine." She huffs as she pulls the covers up over her more, a slight chill coming over her. "But I'm not happy about it!"

"I know you aren't." He leans over and kisses the top of her head before getting out of bed. "I'll call Fred and tell him I'm staying home to take care of you today and then I'll take Chic to daycare."

"You don't have to stay home from work to take care of me." She tells him.

"I do, because I know you and you'll probably just sneak out and go to work. Also, I'm not just going to leave my sick wife at home, I'm gonna pamper the hell out of her and make her feel better."

"If you insist, I guess I can't change your mind." She says, smiling over at him.

"I insist." He kisses the top of her head and then leaves their room.

When he comes back he has a very sleepy boy in his arms. "Someone else doesn't want to get up either." FP says as their cuddles into him further, falling asleep on his shoulder.

"Maybe we shouldn't let him stay up past bedtime to watch a movie."

"It was Toy Story 2 babe, how could we deprive him of that?"