Boo Boo

Once again the idea comes from falicesfate

_____

"Mommy can we go play outside?" Betty asks Alice, Polly, Jughead and Jellybean with her.

"Sure sweetheart, just be careful, and keep an eye on Jellybelly, she's still little and can't quite keep up with you."

"I not little, I big, mama!" Jellybean scowls and Alice chuckles, leaning down to the girls level.
"You're right, you're a big girl, I'm sorry." She kisses her cheek. "Go have fun."

She does dishes and watches from the kitchen window as the kids play in the backyard. When she's finished she goes outside just to check on them in person. She sees them building sandcastles in the sandbox. "Hi mama!" Jellybean squeals, waving around the toy shovel in her hand.

"Hi sweetheart, you having fun with your brother and sisters?" She nods happily. "That's good. I'm going to go fold laundry, make sure you keep an eye on her." She directs the comment to the older kids and heads inside.

She keeps the window open so she can hear the kids in and smiles as the sounds of their chattering and laughter come through.

However, the peaceful sounds are quickly turned not so peaceful as the sounds of crying fill the air. She rushes over to the door and sees Polly carrying Jellybean towards the house, Betty and Jughead following close behind.

"What happened?" Alice questions as she opens the patio door. Jellybean is wailing loudly in Polly's arms.

"Mama I gots a boo boo!" Jellybean whines, crying even louder as she reaches for her.

Alice can see the scrape on the tot's knee and carries her into the kitchen. "It's okay, baby girl. Come with mama, we'll get you all fixed up."

"I'm sorry mommy! We were watching her I promise, she just went to go get a ball and tripped!" Polly tells her in a panic.

"It's okay, honey. These things happen, she's alright, just scraped her knee." She smiles at her and sets Jellybean on the kitchen counter. "Could you go get me a bandaid, sweetheart?" Polly nods and rushes off to go fetch a band aid.

"Lets clean up that knee." She pulls out a washcloth and runs it under the tap before wiping gently at Jellybean's scraped knee.

"Owie mama! That hurted me!" Jellybean scowls at her, tears still in her eyes.

"I'm sorry honey but we have to make sure it's all clean."

"Here you go, mommy!" Polly returns with a couple of bandaids. "I brought a princess one and a Hello Kitty one, I didn't know which one she'd want so I brought both!"

"Thank you sweetheart," she kisses the top of her head.

"Is she going to be okay?"

Alice chuckles. "Yes honey, she's going to be fine, she just scraped her knee. You and Betty have done it many times and you're just fine."

"Can we go play outside again?" Betty asks on behalf of the three of them.

Alice smiles and nods. "Go ahead, have fun." The kids run back outside and Alice turns her attention back to Jellybean.

She cleans up her knee and holds up the two bandaids. "Do you want a princess band aid or Hello Kitty band aid?"

"Princess!" 

"Princess it is." She puts the bandaid on her knee and kisses it. "There, you're good as new." Jellybean reaches out for her and Alice lifts her into her arms, the tot lays her head on her shoulder, snuggling close.

"Can we watch a movie?" She asks.

"Sure honey."

_____

"Hey kiddos, you guys having fun?" FP asks the kids as he comes home from work. They nod and give him a big smile. "Where's Jellybelly?"

"Inside with mama Allie." Jughead tells him.

He heads inside and smiles at the sight of his daughter and wife, cuddled up together on the sofa watching a movie.

"Hey cutie pie, you and mama look comfy."  He walks over and gives each of them a kiss.

"Jellybelly's had a rough day." Alice explains, brushing back the girl's hair as FP joins them on the couch.

"Aw, what happened, Jells?"

"I gots a boo boo, daddy." She pulls away her blanket to show FP her knee.

"Oh no, I'm sorry you got hurt, Bean." He gives her knee a kiss. "Did mama fix up your boo boo for you?"

She nods. "She made it all better! And she gave me a princess boo boo fixer!" She smiles wide pointing to the bandaid.

"Wow that's super cool, Jelly." He smiles up at Alice who's already smiling down at the little girl on her lap.

"Cuddle daddy!" Jellybean demands and FP is all too happy to oblige.