Drawing

FP walks in the front door with an arm full of grocery bags and sees his wife and son playing on the couch, instantly smiling at the sight. "Look Chic! Daddy's home!" Alice exclaims pointing to her husband. Chic's face lights up as he runs over to FP, throwing his little arms around his legs.

Alice comes over and takes the groceries from FP's arms, leaning up to press a kiss to his lips and flashing him a smile before disappearing into the kitchen.

FP watches her go, watching the sway of her hips and wondering how he got so damn lucky. At his feet Chic is tugging on his pants, raising his arms up in the air. FP takes the hint and picks him up. "I missed you daddy!" Chic says as he throws his arms around FP's neck.

"I missed you too, buddy. I'll be home all day tomorrow though so we can play all day!" He tells him, smiling when the boy gets excited. "Did you have fun with mommy today?"

Chic nods. "We went to the park and visited uncle Fred!"

"No way!" FP says as his son nods. "Well I'd say you're one lucky boy." He nods again and FP kisses his head as he walks into the kitchen.

"I checked the list over again and I'm pretty sure I got everything." He tells Alice.

"You did, thank you." She says, smiling over at him and their son. "He's missed you all day, been asking when you were getting home."

"Well I have the day off tomorrow so I get to spend the whole entire day with you two!"

"You hear that Chic? Daddy's home all day tomorrow!" Chic nods excitedly and hugs FP tighter, making both of his parents smile. "Think I can get him to let go of you long enough for you to help me with dinner?" Alice asks, laughing fondly at their son clinging to FP.

"What time are Fred and Hermione coming over at?"

"Six-ish, so we have a little over an hour." Alice answers, starting to chop up some veggies.

"Hey buddy, I'm going to help mommy make dinner, you want to go play with your markers?" FP asks his son who nods almost immediately.

He brings Chic into the living room and sets him down in front of the coffee table, making sure to put a place mat down in case he misses the paper.

He sets him up with some paper and his markers and crayons and kisses his head before walking back to the kitchen.

"Alright, he's content for the moment. What can I do?"

"You're on bbq duty, baby." Alice tells him. "The steaks are on the counter."

"I'm on it." He says, kissing her cheek before grabbing the steaks and walking out the back door.

She continues chopping up veggies and looks into the living room to check on Chic. "Chic, honey you alright in there?"

"Yes mommy! I'm drawing you a picture!" He tells her excitedly making her smile.

"Can't wait to see it!" She tells him.

FP comes back inside and stands behind her. "Steaks are on the bbq. What next?" He asks.

"Help me make the salad." She p her and places his hand over hers on the knife as she chops.

"I meant you could pull the lettuce or something." She says, laughing as he starts to pepper kisses up the side of her neck.

"I know, but I thought you could use a little help." He explains teasingly, sucking lightly on her neck.

"Oh really?" She asks, feeling him nods against her neck.

She turns around in his arms, letting his arms wrap around her more securely, and catches his lips in a kiss. She leans back against the counter, pulling his body closer to hers as they kiss.

It's only when he happens to open his eyes briefly that he catches a glimpse of their son drawing on the wall. "Chic!" FP calls, practically leaping away from Alice and into the living room.

She turns around confused as to where he's going but then she sees Chic and understands. She follows him in, seeing that a portion of the wall has marker scribbles all over it.

"Charles what did you do?" Alice exclaims.

"I drew a picture." He explains innocently, making it oh so hard for Alice and FP to discipline him since he's so darn cute.

"Buddy you can't draw on the walls, you know that!" FP says.

"Yeah honey you know you're only aloud to draw on paper." Alice adds, kneeling down to the two year old's height.

"I ran out of paper."

"You should have came and told daddy or I and we would've gotten you more." She says, brushing his blonde hair back.

"I'm sorry." He says, his bottom lip shaking as he holds in tears.

"Oh baby, we're not mad at you, don't cry." Alice says, pulling her son into a hug, FP joins in.

"I drew you a picture." Chic says, wiping away a tear that fell down his cheek.

"He's just like you." Alice tells FP with a smile. Anytime FP does something that makes her mad he always does something extra sweet to make up for it, just like Chic. FP agrees with a smile as he watches Chic sift through the mess of paper on the coffee table.

He picks up a piece of paper and gives it to Alice. "That's me," he says pointing to a part of the drawing. "and that's you and daddy, and that's our house!" He explains.

"I love it honey." She tells him, honestly.

"Why don't we go hang that on the fridge!" FP suggests, Chic nods excitedly, smiling wide and making Alice and FP smile in turn.

FP offers her a hand as she stands up and wraps his arm around her shoulder as they look at the drawing on the wall. "If we put a picture frame over it we could call it a Chic original and say it was intentional." FP suggests making Alice laugh before dragging him into the kitchen.