"Valentimes Day"

"Daddy? When's mama getting home?" Jellybean questions her father as she skips into the room.

"In about an hour, Bean." He smiles at the girl as she plops herself on a nearby chair as he cooks.

"Whatcha cooking?"

"Allie's favourite pasta."

"If she's not home in time can I have her bowl?"

"I made enough for you and your sister to have some, don't worry." Jellybean beams proudly at that. "Where is Lindie anyway? She's unusually quiet." The four year old loves to talk, a lot like Alice in that sense.

"We're watching a movie but I came down because I smelt food."

"I'll bring you girl's up some food if you want to go back to watching your movie."

"Okay, daddy!" She hops off the chair and he laughs softly to himself as she skips back upstairs.

He finishes making up the pasta, making both of the girls some and bringing the bowls upstairs.

"Knock, knock." He announces his presence as he walks into the girls' shared bedroom.

"Daddy!" Lindie exclaims at the sight of him, the dimples she inherited from her mom very prominent as she grins.

"Hey, baby girl. You and Bean enjoying your movie?" He asks as he places the bowls down on the little table in their room they use for tea parties. (He's usually the guest of honour.)

"Mhm! Can you watch with us?"

"Sure I can, just until mama gets home though, then we're having dinner."

"He and mama have a date for Valentimes day!" Jellybean explains.

FP laughs as he joins the girls at the table that's much too small for him. "Yes, mama and I have a date."

"What's a date?" Lindie curiously asks.

"It's when two people who love each other a lot just spend some time together."

"They kiss and cuddle a lot too!" Jellybean adds making an icky face.

FP chuckles and reaches over to tickle her. "Hey, I love your mama. I should be able to kiss her and cuddle with her, especially since it's Valentine's day."

"I like cuddling with mama too, she gives the best snuggles." Lindie adds, devouring the pasta in her bowl. She's definitely got Jones blood.

"She does give good snuggles, doesn't she?" FP smiles at his girls.

He watches the princess movie with them until he hears the front door open. "Is it okay if I go say hi to your mama?" The girls nod, barely taking their eyes off the movie.

He heads downstairs and sees Alice taking off her coat and shoes. "Hey baby," he greets, earning a smile from her. He walks over and kisses her softly. "happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's day to you too, handsome." She wraps her arm around his neck and gives him a longer kiss this time. "It's awfully quiet here, where are all of our noise makers?"

"Jughead and Betty are at Archie's for the night and I dropped Polly off at Cheryl's for a slumber party. Jelly and Lindie are upstairs watching a movie, just finished up dinner."

"Wow, so for the most part we have the night to ourselves, which I'm very much looking forward to because I have had the longest day." She leans into him, resting her head on his shoulder as he wraps his arms around her more firmly.