Attention

"FP!" Alice calls from the living room. He abandons his task as soon as she calls in favour of checking on her and their child.

"Whats up, babe?"

"Your child has learned a new trick, come feel." Her eyes are gleaming with excitement and he reaches out his hand, letting Alice position it where the baby is kicking.

Sure enough, he's rewarded with a hard kick to his hand. "Oh wow! Does it hurt you at all?"

"Not at all."

He drops down onto the couch beside her and cradles her bump on his large hands. "Hey there baby boy, it's your daddy. I love you," he's kicked again. "Yeah, look at you go! You're gonna be a little soccer player won't you? Got a good kick."

"I'm going to watch a movie, will that disrupt you two?" Alice questions, rubbing her fingers through his hair as he pushes her shirt up and presses a kiss to her bump.

"Not at all, we're perfectly content."

___

As much as she loves the fact that she can feel their baby moving around inside her she partly wishes she hadn't told FP. She does find it adorable how excited he is by the baby's new development but he hasn't let go of her since she told him.

He watched the movie with her while his hands stayed glued to her bump. And they didn't leave her bump while she was brushing her teeth either.

The only time he actually moved his hands were when she had to use the bathroom and when she was changing clothes, though his hands immediately came back to her stomach once she was in their bed.

She doesn't mind him feeling their baby, she encourages it and finds it quite adorable, but he's gotten the little one all excited and now he's kicking up a storm and preventing her from sleeping.

He's rubbing his hands over her bump and patting her stomach softly, earning him kicks from their child.

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones I swear to God if you keep this child up any longer I might actually strangle you." She huffs, grumpy from not being able to fall asleep.

"Oh, sorry honey, I didn't realize I was keeping you up." He seems genuinely sorry and she sighs.

"Our child is inside of me and you don't think that giving him undivided attention and making him kick is keeping me up?"

"I'm really sorry baby, I'm just excited."

She pouts and brushes a soft kiss to his lips. "I know honey, it's cute how excited you are but it's one in the morning and I'm exhausted. You two can play when I wake up." She pushes the covers off and gets out of bed, he catches her hand.

"Where are you going?" He asks, concerned that she was going to go sleep on the couch or something to get away from him.

She chuckles. "I'm just going pee, your child is having a damn fiesta in there and keeps kicking my bladder."

___

A/N

Um okay, this book just hit 200k! Thank you so much to everyone who reads this story and supports it as well as me! I truly appreciate it, thank you!