Trick or Treat

FP cuts the top off of a pumpkin as Chic watches from beside him. Lindie is sitting in her highchair babbling away, watching them with a toothless grin.

The phone rings and FP sets a bowl in front of Chic. "Okay, I'm gonna get that, you just have to pull out all of that stuff inside and put in the bowl. Got it?" Chic nods excitedly and sticks his hand in the pumpkin.

FP picks up the phone, smiling when he sees that it's Alice calling. "Hey baby, you on your way home?"

"Sadly no, that's what I called to tell you. They need me to stay a few extra hours and I don't think I'll be back in time to go trick or treating with you and the kids."

"That sucks, I'm sorry honey."

"I know, it's Lindie's first Halloween too and I'm going to miss it!"

"I'll take lots of pictures of her and Chic for you!"

"Thank you!" She gratefully says. "What are you three doing?"

"Chic and I are carving a pumpkin and Lindie's watching and laughing at us."

"That sounds fun, I wish I was there with you."

"I'll save you a pumpkin and we can carve it when you get home, how does that sound?" He smirks.

"That sounds perfect. Now, as much I don't want to, I have to get back to work, hopefully I'll be done early."

"I hope so too. See you when you get home, I love you. Chic! Say bye to mommy!" FP points the phone towards the kitchen and Chic turns towards him. "Bye mommy! Love you!"

"Bye honey, I love you both! Give Lindie a kiss for me."

"You got it baby." They say their goodbyes and FP walks back into the kitchen over to Chic. "How are you doing here kiddo?"

"Good! Look I almost got it all!" He states proudly. FP laughs at the sight of him, he's got pumpkin all over, even in his hair. "I think you're going to need a bath before we go trick or treating."

"Can we finish the pumpkin first?"

FP smiles and nods. "What kind of pumpkin are we making this year?"

"One eye, pointy teeth, and three nostrils." Chic tells him and FP raises an eyebrow but does what Chic says nonetheless.

He carved out the pumpkin and Chic pops the pieces through, smiling proudly at their pumpkin when is finished. "Lets light it!" He says excitedly.

"Can you carry it?" FP asks him as Chic holds out his arms to carry the pumpkin.

"Yep! I'm strong!"

"Alright." He sets the pumpkin in his arms and then picks up Lindie. He opens the front door and Chic walks out, setting the pumpkin on the stairs. "Wow you're the strongest boy I know!"

"I told you daddy!"

FP hands Chic the candle to put in the pumpkin and after he does he leans down to light it, smiling at the excitement on Chic's face. "Look how scary it looks!"

"I think it's the scariest one yet!" He stands up and points at the pumpkin. "What do you think Lindie? Do you like it?" She smiles and FP laughs, raising her up and kissing her cheek. "That's from mommy."

"Can we go get candy now?"

"We have to get you in the tub and put on your costume first!"

FP sets Lindie down on a blanket and gives her some toys to play with while he gives Chic a quick bath. He wraps him up in a towel when he's done and then leans down to pick up Lindie. Chic reaches for his hand as they walk to his room.