Divorce Papers

I originally wrote this to be a part of another fic of mine when I was planning a sequel, but I scrapped that idea and figured this would work as a one-shot! Enjoy!

___

They stumble into his trailer at around half past eight, they had gone for dinner at Pop's and the looks they were sharing could've melted the ice cream in the next booth over. When she ran her foot up the inside of his thigh from underneath the table he called for the check, much to Alice's delight, both of them wanting nothing more than to get home and out of their clothes.

His lips don't leave hers as he moves to kick the door shut. Her tongue finds his way into his mouth, wrestling with his own. She reaches down to undo his belt, not wanting to waste any more time.

When it's off she kicks off her high heels and throws her arms around his neck as he picks her up, her legs tightening around his waist.

He sets her on the kitchen counter, the bedroom seeming like a whole ocean away when they're both this worked up.

He pushes her skirt up a little higher to be able to stand between her legs comfortably.

They waste no time in removing each other's shirts, and FP's lips waste no time in sucking and kissing her newly exposed skin.

She reaches for the zipper of his jeans, shoving them down his hips, he grabs the sides of her face and kisses her hard, his tongue slipping past her teeth and his hands slipping to tangle in her hair.

But before things can go any further a sudden loud knock on the door startles them both and they give each other a confused look. Both of their children are accounted for, and who else would be showing up uninvited after eight o'clock?

FP steps away from a very dishevelled Alice, pulling his jeans back up around his hips again and slipping his t-shirt over his head as he walks to the door.

When he opens it his mouth hangs open slightly at the sight, Gladys.

"Gladys!" he says, loud enough for Alice to hear. She takes the hint and hops off the counter, rushing to his bedroom, grabbing her forgotten shirt on the way. "Been a long time."

"Well? Can I come in?" Gladys asks, laughing a little as she does.

"Uh, yeah, come on in." He steps aside to let her inside. After he closes the door she kisses him. He pulls away after a few seconds and she gives him a confused look but ignores it.

"I missed you." She says.

"Missed you too." He lies, he really hasn't thought much about her leaving, things were bad between them, he misses Jellybean not Gladys. "Jellybean with you?" He looks behind her to see if the girl is anywhere in sight.

"No, she stayed with my mom back in Toledo."

"Oh." Is all he manages to say, it's awkward considering Alice is in the back bedroom, not that this wouldn't be awkward anyway. He hasn't seen Gladys in over 3 years and she just turns up out of the blue.

"Still looks the same." Gladys comments as she walks around the trailer.

"Yeah, not much has changed." Not much with the trailer has changed, but everything else in FP's life has.

He's not paying attention to her walking farther into the living room. And he doesn't notice when she sees a stack of papers on the coffee table.

"Divorce papers?" That catches his attention. "FP? What are these?" What she means is who's are these but it seems like such an obvious answer and it's not one she wants to hear.