Edgar Evernever

Requested by: ifthestarscouldread

I should probably tell you what I think is going to happen with this new character: Edgar Evernever

I think that he'll be a problem for Falice and maybe take advantage of Alice since she'll most likely be very vulnerable in season 3. So I have a feeling he could be a sort of "love interest" for Alice but only because she's so emotionally damaged with the news of her son being dead and now Hal being the Black Hood. So that's kind of my thoughts, I could be 100% wrong but either way, enjoy.

_

"Mom, he's here." Polly calls from downstairs. Alice makes her way down the stairs and sees the man in the entry way.

He's handsome, that's one of the first things she notices but she's not interested. She did just find out that her husband of twenty years is a serial killer and the man she's been so in love with all those years might not even be interested.

"I'm guessing you're Alice." He says.

"I am." She sticks out her hand to shake his own. "Alice Coop-" she pauses, she's not Alice Cooper anymore, she refuses to be. "Smith. Alice Smith."

"Edgar Evernever." He introduces, his eyes beating down into hers.

"Nice to meet you."

"Well mom, I'm heading out, I told Betty I'd get breakfast at Pop's with her." Polly says as she kisses her mother's cheek.

"You're not staying?" Alice asks, a flash of panic striking in her eyes.

"No? This is for you to get better, heal your emotional wounds. You can't do that if the babies and I are here and in the way." Polly explains. "You'll be fine, I promise. He's a miracle worker." Alice just nods in response as Polly walks out the door with the twins.

"So, shall we get started?" Edgar asks with a pearly white smile that makes her want to be sick.

She nods slowly, swallowing the lump in her throat. "Right this way." She says, gesturing for him to follow her into the living room.

_

The next two weeks seem to fly by, she still hasn't left the house but she has been answering the phone more, has been getting back into her old routine. Has started making breakfast for the girls and her again in the mornings and dinner at night.

"Alice," Edgar starts as he sits across from her at the dinner table. "I think it's time we get you out of the house. You've been cooped up in here since it all happened, you need to get out." She freezes, not knowing what to say. She doesn't want to leave, she's not ready yet.