Wedding Crasher

I wish this is what would happen but like, it won't. I can't still hope though!

_____

"Betty. I didn't expect you to show." Alice is shocked, Betty just gave up on her and yet she's here? Maybe she's finally having a change of heart.

"I've been thinking about what you said and I really would like to be more supportive. I may not agree with what you're doing but still. You're my mom and I love you." Alice gives her a sad smile and pulls her in for a hug. "You look beautiful, mom."

"Thank you, Betty."

The door opens and they both turn to see Evelyn walk in the room. "Oh! Betty, how nice of you to join us."

"Couldn't miss my mom's big day." She fakes a smile.

"Speaking of which, it's time."

"I'll see you out there, Elizabeth." Betty nods and starts to walk off when Alice gets her attention again. "I love you."

"Love you too, mom."

_____

"Jug, my mom is going way too far with this whole farm cult thing. She's marrying Edgar today!" Betty vents to Jughead over the phone.

"She's getting married?" In the background of the call she hears FP ask who's getting married.  "Betty's mom, she's marrying some cult leader dude that's brainwashed her." She doesn't hear anything else that FP has to say.

"I'll let you go, Jug. This creepy ceremony is starting soon." She hangs up the phone and look around her.

The room is filled with farmies wearing head to toe white, it's incredibly unsettling. It's even more unsettling watching her mom stare up at Edgar Evernever with stars in her eyes.

"I, Edgar Evernever, promise myself to you, Alice Smith."

Alice gives him a soft smile. "I Alice Smith-"

"Alice don't you dare finish that sentence." A voice calls from the back of the room.  Everyone turns to find FP Jones standing there, fists clenched, jaw tight.

"What are you doing here? You were not invited, you're not welcome." Alice practically growls, trying to ignore the fact that her heart started racing the second she laid eyes on him.

He walks over to her. "Look, Al. I know that I hurt you but this isn't right, you don't even know this guy!"

"You ditched me... again!" She tearfully yells at him. "You keep hurting me, Edgar doesn't hurt me."

"He is hurting you, you just can't see it because you're under some weird spell of this cult."

"We're not a cult." Edgar insists. "We're a place to heal."

"I wasn't talking to you." He places his hands on Alice's shoulders, turning her to face him. "Alice, please, just think about this. Think about what you're doing."

"I have!"

"No, you haven't! You're just hurt, and it's my fault, I know that, but this isn't the way to go. You're going to get yourself in too deep to be saved, Alice."

"Maybe I don't need to be saved by you."

"No, you don't. You never did. But you have a daughter that wants her mom back, she's worried sick about you, Alice! Now I see why." He sighs and takes her hand. "And you've got me, I was stupid to let you go before and I just did it again. You were right about Gladys."

She scoffs. "I'm always right."

He chuckles. "See? That's the Alice I know and love!"

Her eyes grow wide. "Love?"

"Yeah... love." He cups her face in his hand and tilts her face upwards slightly. "I love you, Alice. I always have, I may be a big old idiot who's let you go far too many times, but I'm an idiot who loves you like crazy."

"FP," her sentence dies off as she presses a kiss to his lips. "I love you."

"Can we get out of here, will you let me bring you home?"

She nods and laces her fingers in his. "Let's go home." 

"I assume you'll still be coming back for the farm meetings?" Edgar questions.

"No, she won't be." FP answers on her behalf.

"But you need to heal." Edgar insists.

"That's what I'm here for. To help her heal." FP gives her hand a squeeze and leads her out of the cult. "I'm never letting you go again, Alice. I promise you."